Job Vacancy: Office & HR Administrative Intern
Job Location: Kisumu, Kenya
About Sanergy: Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya.
We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and
Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions.
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in
cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed,
organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa.
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day.
Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to
farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes.
At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals.
For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
For this role you will provide support to the Office & HR Administrative Associate.
As a priority, you will handle Office duties and the majority of employee documentation, including contracts, casual attendance sheets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact for any queries, screen all incoming calls courteously redirecting/transferring calls to respective teammates, screen all visitors to determine the purpose of their business within the premises and use discretion as to whether they can be granted access or whether they need an appointment.
- Immediately greet guests and offer to assist with their needs.
- Ensuring a well-functioning office by conducting line tours daily
- Manage and coordinate all maintenance of office related issues by collaborating with the Maintenance team to
resolve the issues within 24 hours if they are high priority. Inform teammates of the maintenance issues by
posting what the issue is, when it will be resolved and what to use in the meantime. Once the maintenance issue
has been sorted out, then notify teammates.
- Perform general office clerk duties for example, Coordinating courier services, travel arrangements
- Maintaining office equipment (Printers and Projectors) and if there are any issues escalate to the IT team.
- Maintain Office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items.
- Raise administrative related PRs and liaise with procurement partners to ensure that PRs are approved and
payment processed on time to avoid discontinuation of service
- Assisting with payroll for casuals by providing the department with relevant documentation
- Provides support and assistance to co-workers and other departments as requested by supervisor
- Assist the team in filling
- Perform any other duties any maybe assigned by the supervisor as needed
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business administration, or a related field.
- Excellent Organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Interpersonal with good communication skills
- The ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Must be approachable and helpful.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Good ethical judgment.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Application Deadline: 10 December 2021
Sanergy is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.