Exciting Career Opportunity in Fintech Software Development
Our client is a leading financial technology and software development company which specializes in offering secure payment solutions and software development.
They are seeking to recruit a Project Manager to support client software development project needs.
Reporting to: Software Technical Director
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary offer: Competitive
No of Positions: One (1)
Role Overview: The project manager has the overall responsibility of defining and maintaining project management standards in the company.
The job holder ensures that the projects delivered meet the customers’ expectations and are in line with the laid out industry standards.
The work involves interactions with customers to ensure that projects are delivered in a timely manner and to the customers’ satisfaction.
Key Accountabilities (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Establishing and maintaining project management standards within the company;
- Designing software project plans, maintain issue, action and risk register;
- Maintaining project artefacts in the company’s documents repository;
- Effort estimation for the project solution for costing purposes;
- Responsible for ensuring that project timelines are observed and adhered to;
- Establishing effective and appropriate project governance;
- Managing the project teams and other resources assigned;
- Involved in project kick-off and sales handover meetings with customer and sales team;
- Preparation of weekly project status reports and sharing them with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Involvement in the communication plan for various projects;
- Milestone review with customers and internal teams;
- Manage project dependencies and critical path;
- Involvement in the recruitment and selection process when hiring new staff
- Induction training of new team members and training of project teams;
- Responsible for performance management of the team;
- Involved in the sales tendering process (project related issues);
- Maintain project exit/closure criteria;
Person Specifications and Requirements
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent from a recognised institution;
- A Master Degree Information Technology, Software Engineering, Project Management or other relevant area will be an added advantage;
- Professional Certification in Project Management is desirable;
- Experience in software development projects is essential;
- Sound knowledge of project monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with multiple teams;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in the Project Management field within the fast growing Fintech Software field, please apply in confidence to:
The Head of Recruitment
Esquire Consultants Limited
Via our placement email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary as well as your availability/notice period in your application or CV.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
Closing date for applications is Friday 3rd December 2021
Shortlisting will be carried on a rolling basis as applications stream in.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.