Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Career Opportunity: Pharmacist – Kisii Medical Centre
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position in our Kisii Medical Centre:
Pharmacist – Kisii Medical Centre
Vacancy No: AKHK/KIS/PHARM/01/22
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Chief pharmacist, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership in the management, use and control of pharmaceuticals in the hospital and to work with all stakeholders (doctors and other caregivers) in ensuring efficient, ethical and safe application of pharmaco-therapy in patient management.
- Proactive and effective interventions at all stages of medication management and use system (MMU) by: –
- Overseeing safe dispensing procedures and ensuring safe drug use processes (drug administration and monitoring of drug effects)
- Actively participating in drug-use-reviews (DUR) by advising prescribers on rational and optimal pharmacological drug effects and by conducting appropriate patient education.
- Participating in clinical rounds
- Participating in antimicrobial stewardship initiatives
- Safe and accurate drug preparation techniques (aseptic IV admixtures, High alert drug handling)
- Promoting service excellence and client satisfaction:
- Proactively engaging in follow up of client concerns and timely feedback.
- Ensuring efficient pharmacy service flow by managing turn-around-times.
- Participating in Quality Initiatives:
- Formulating and implementing quality related projects (PDCAs)
- Reviewing and implementing quality processes and procedures
- Stock management:
- Effective stock monitoring for optimal stock levels
- Stock variance reporting and control
- Preparation and timely submission of expected reports such as medication error report, interventions, stock variance and client satisfaction reports.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy from a recognized University.
- Registration Certificate and Practice License from Pharmacy and Poisons Board, Kenya.
- 2 years’ work experience in a busy hospital setup.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 21st January 2022.
The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for i.e. “PHARMACIST AKHK/KIS/PHARM/01/22”
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”