Job Vacancy: Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Manager, East and Central Africa
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Company: The Coca-Cola Company
We deliver enhanced consumer protection and global advocacy to ensure our business maintains license to operate in all markets.
This role implements and develops our global regulatory harmonization initiatives on food additives and contaminants to protect existing ingredients and to support product innovation and growth.
You’ll be responsible for analyzing the impact of proposed new global food standards and seeking opportunities for regulatory alignment to remove barriers to business growth.
We’ve looking for a candidate with strong leadership in the global regulatory initiatives that understands the technology and innovation as they relate to the food and beverage industry.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Analyze, provide advice, and help develop strategies on proposed global food standards and potential trade issues related to food additives and contaminants relevant to foods and beverages (e.g., Codex, WHO, FAO, WTO)
- Prepare and advocate company positions on global food standards to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for regulatory alignment in collaboration with the Scientific & Regulatory Affairs network and manage such projects
- Provide guidance on regulatory issues to internal clients and help develop innovative solutions
- Guide and assist in preparing regulatory submissions on beverage ingredients to global organizations and other regulatory authorities
- Manage the distribution of information on global standards, positions, and other regulatory information to internal clients as needed
Qualifications & Requirements
- Master’s Degree in toxicology, food science, or equivalent required. PhD is a plus.
- 5+ years of work experience in beverage or food industry in scientific and regulatory affairs or relevant related field in food industry, government or related industry in similar roles managing regulatory issues impacting products, ingredients, and labeling
- Experience in international food standard setting processes and reviewing and analyzing proposed standards
- Understanding of the key issues and the relevant regulatory and scientific proof points to support regulatory advocacy by developing positions to support innovation of ingredients, products, or labeling.
- Understanding the technological need for food additives and typical contaminants found in foods and their regulatory principles defining the permissibility and limitations of use.
- Understanding of key trade associations and global regulatory policy landscape affecting food and beverage industry
What We Can Do For You
- Purpose Driven: Purpose driven approach that empowers our people to protect the environment and communities we serve while delivering safe & quality products.
- Global Connections: Allows you to develop, enhance and maintain global connections that allow us to move faster and learn from others.
- Community of Belonging: We’re an organization that believes our ability to continually grow and build the right atmosphere where people feel safe and empowered, lets you bring your best self to work.
- Leadership; Product Development; Chemistry; Sustainability; Environmental Science; Microbiology Testing;
- Researching; Project Management; Food Sciences; Food Technology; Communication; Food Safety and Sanitation;
- Laboratory Testing; Quality Control (QC); Green Solutions; Sensory Testing; Data Collections; Continuous Improvement (CI)
Our Purpose and Growth Culture: We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves.
We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years.
Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
How to Apply