We are construction firm based in Nairobi and we are looking to recruit a qualified and motivated individual to fill the positions of Health & Safety Officer who will be available immediately.
Please note the net salary is between 30k – 40k.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Diploma holder- Preferred background or major in Environment or Occupational Health & Safety
- Recognized certifications in Health, safety and Environment,
- IT proficient – MS Office,
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in construction industry is a distinct advantage.
- Excellent reporting and Enforcement skills
- Conduct induction & orientation to site/ contractor employees.
- Conducts Contractor toolbox talk meetings
- Serve as primary contact for project site incident/ accident and injury notification, investigation, and follow-up.
- Responds to employees’ safety concerns.
- PPE issuance to site workers & visitors.
- Implement client/ project HSSE requirements as per Clients Contractors SHEQ management policy framework & HSSE Policy.
- Liaise with Client HSSE representative on HSE issues on site.
- Maintain open lines of communication with client Safety and Project
- Management Teams on project status and prepare reports as necessary.
- Maintain site HSE documentation.
- Develop contractor safe working procedures/methodologies.
- Close out audit/ inspection findings on site
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications together with CVs, scanned copies of their credentials to email@example.com by 20th January, 2022.