Job Vacancy: Head of Internal Sourcing
Job Profile: Our Client, an edible oil processing company based in Athi River is looking for Head of Internal Sourcing.
Reporting to the General Manager, he/she will be responsible for handling all the company’s end to end sourcing operations, coordinating and working closely with the field officers to ensure a seamless field activity.
- Lead in sourcing of Raw materials for the company
- Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency while monitoring the same to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Effect the traceability system which is robust and functioning and keep and maintain records.
- Work closely with field officers to Train farmers on GAPs
- Zone Macadamia/ avocado and other raw materials producing arrears within their assigned regions
- Establish favorable relationships with Farmers and agents
- Gather Intelligence regarding raw materials supply
- Report on intelligence to the company for appropriate action
- Ensure the company retains a competitive advantage vis a vis other company
- Ensure the established targets are met
- Ensure raw materials are transported in the correct specified storage
- Implementation of industry standards, statutory and legal requirements and changes.
- Give feedback on the situation on the ground.
- Generate and implement efficient internal sourcing and category management strategies
- Analyse and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure.
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
Key Result Areas
- Submission of accurate, timely, and relevant reports
- Continuous process improvement of services through efficient working
- Enforcement of relevant guidelines, rules, and regulations
- Customer satisfaction for the consumers of the services offered by the department
- Efficient execution of work processes as assigned
- BSc. Degree in Horticulture, Crop Production, or Supply Chain.
- A proven three (3) + years’ experience in a similar position i.e sourcing of fruits and other raw materials directly from farmers
- Proven work experience as a Sourcing Manager is desired
- Must be computer literate
- Should be familiar with modern warehousing practices
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Solid judgment along with strong decision-making skills
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationship
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analysing and interpreting data
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate departmental goals;
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines;
- Should have strong analytical and be result-oriented;
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice;
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader;
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines;
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication
Kindly visit: https://www.racg.co.ke/html/?p=careers to create/update your career profile and submit your application, or send updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject “Head of Internal Sourcing” by COB Friday 21st January, 2022.