Windle International Kenya (WIK)
Position Title: Graduate Intern Teachers
Location: Dadaab Refugee Camp
Contract Term: 6 month contract with possibility for extension
Background: Windle International Kenya (WIK) is a humanitarian education organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans.
WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced.
We are working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Kakuma Refugee Camp and Kalobeyei Settlement on education projects.
Windle International Kenya (WIK) has an opportunity for graduate teachers to teach in a refugee setting for a short period.
This is aimed at enabling fresh graduate teachers to acquire practical field experience in a unique humanitarian setting serving refugees.
- Mathematics & Business Studies
- Biology & Chemistry
- Mathematics & Physics
- Mathematics & Chemistry
- English & Literature
- A degree in Education or Bachelor of Science degree with a post graduate diploma in education
- Registered with the Teachers Service Commission. Proof of registration with TSC is required
- Mastery of office software (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Able and willing to live, work, travel in a fast-paced and insecure environment adhering to strict security guidelines.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your application through the link below;
Deadline for applications is Thursday 20th January 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Windle International – Kenya selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation.
We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.