Young Women Christian Association of Kenya (YWCA), a women and youth membership based, non-governmental development organization wishes to invite applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Finance Manager within their establishment.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Ref: FM-HQ
Positions: One (1)
Supervisor: National General Secretary
Duty Station: Head Office
Main Purpose of the Job: To provide and promote financial accountability, efficiency and effectiveness of the Organization as well as be accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
Duties and Responsibilities (Key Areas and Specific Tasks)
- Implement the financial policy and regulations manual
- Ensuring tax compliance
- Analyze cash flows
- Payroll Management
- Recording and Monitoring of accounts
- Ensure Asset register Management
- Coordinates activities in the finance department
- Improve and implement internal control systems
- Maintain financial records, project assets and expenses
- Manage donor project accounts
Management of Accounts receivables and Payables
- Maintain and monitor creditor records
- Ensure effective and timely payments
Budgeting and budget monitoring
- Preparation of Organizational Budgets and Budget monitoring
- Review of monthly income and expenditure statements
- Preparation of Financial Reports
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports
- Preparation of any other Ad-hoc Financial Reports to stakeholders.
- Provide financial information to management by analyzing accounting data reports
- Preparation of audit schedules and participate in project/organizational audits
- Coordinates audit process and provision of audit documents
- Respond to audit queries and recommendations and Implement audit recommendations
Job Specification and Other Information Related to the Job
Level of Education / Academic Qualification
- Degree in Accounting / Finance related field
Specialized Training / Professional Qualifications
- CPA K
- Competency in accounting software specifically PASTEL
Other Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Proven ability in Financial management of different donor programs
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational planning and coordination skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Experience working in an NGO is an added advantage
Relevant Job Experience
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least five years
Terms and Expression of Interest
Interested candidates should send their application and updated CV to email@example.com indicating Job Title, Expected Salary and Availability by close of business on 24th January 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be on a rolling basis and priority will be given to female candidates.
Disclaimer: The Public is advised that YWCA does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.