Vacancy Announcement: Qualitative Field Interviewers
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy relevant multidisciplinary research.
Our research addresses important development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization and wellbeing.
Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policy makers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions, and improve the quality of life in Africa.
APHRC invites applications for Qualitative Field Interviewers in its Scaling Sexual and Reproductive Health Solutions project in Kenya.
The aim of the project is to review the implementation of Kenya’s Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Policy 2015.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consent study respondents
- Moderate/facilitate key informant interviews and freelisting interviews with all recruited study respondents
- Take notes and compile comprehensive interview debriefing reports/notes
- Transcribe from the interviews tape recordings
- Prepare data collection progress reports and updates
- Any other tasks assigned by the field team lead or supervisor.
Minimum qualifications required:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or a health-related field
2. Fluent in English and Swahili, both oral and written
3. Proven experience and skills in qualitative research work. Training in data collection and/or research methods is an added advantage
4. Ability to facilitate key informant interviews and free-listing interviews in English and Swahili
5. Experience in conducting interviews with varied audiences (adolescents and government officials)
6. Experienced in using electronic data collection devices like electronic digital recorders and Survey CTO or Open Data Kit (ODK).
Data collection will be in various counties in Kenya, i.e Kiambu, Murang’a, Lamu, Mombasa, Turkana, West Pokot, Kisumu, Siaya, Kitui, Machakos, Nairobi, Garissa, Marsabit, Homa bay, Kisii, Kakamega, Vihiga, Bomet, Narok, Embu and Meru. Indicate the County in which you reside.
Please submit a cover letter and CV with contacts of three referees, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2022.
Indicate on the subject line of the email “Qualitative Field Interviewer- Scaling SRH Solutions Project” and your County of residence.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Persons who have already applied for this position should not reapply.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC and Flexi Personnel are equal opportunity employers and are committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.