Vacant Position: Learning and Development Advisor (Leadership and Management)
Location: KU Unicity Mall, Along Thika Road.
Job Type: Fulltime
Indepth Research Institute builds the capacity of people, processes, and systems for organizational success and growth as well as nurturing a thriving ecosystem.
We do this through our four-line of services; Data Analytics, Strategy and Management Solutions; Training and Development; Digital Innovation, and Enterprise Systems as well as organizing Experiential Tours.
Job Summary: We need to meet increasing demand and maintain a high quality of our services, and the L&D Advisor will help us do it.
The role plays an important part in making sure we can respond to the changing development needs of the business.
You will do this through a variety of activities including managing the smooth running of Leadership and management training programs, supporting bespoke development events, and assisting in the delivery of strategic consultancy projects among others.
- Developing corporate sales proposals and pitches.
- Relationships building with our past clients
- Formulate learning and development strategies by undertaking training needs analysis, review of organizational goals, and training funding opportunities;
- Consult with key internal and external stakeholders and participate in project planning and implementation of training programs to ensure alignment with contemporary industry standards and expectations;
- Working with organizations (NGOS, Government, and Private) to coordinate design and delivery of specialist L&D interventions and programmes to meet specific requirements or skill gaps
- Ensuring L&D materials/courseware are kept up to date and are reflective of the latest strategy, legislation, policies, technology and procedures
- Developing innovative and exciting new ways of meeting organizational L&D needs
- Flexing, adapting and amending L&D interventions, without compromising quality, to ensure that they are supportive of the needs of the business
- Constantly measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the training you deliver to continuously improve our offer and deliver our return on investment
- Designing blended learning solutions.
- Using digital tools to create flexible and innovative learning programmes
- Driving a culture of continuous professional development (CPD)
- Monitoring how effectively learning has been transferred to our clients and offering post-training support when need be.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Should have at least a Strategic Management, Leadership, Coaching, Organizational Development or another relevant field
- At least 3 years experience working in a fast-paced company (Preferably a management consultancy or corporate training company)
- Eloquent and customer-oriented
- Masterly of English, Excellent team building, and clear interpersonal communications skills.
- Proficiency in Database Management, Web-Based Programs and Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams
- Cool-tempered with perseverance and ability to handle rejection
- Experience in selling training programs and seminars/events
- High-level understanding of computer technology
- Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quota preferably over the phone
- Good knowledge of the CRM software
- Ability to learn about products and services and describe/explain them to prospects
- Expertise in leadership and management development theory and practice.
- Significant experience conducting and managing leadership and management development programs
- Experience with managing and supervising professional coaches preferred
- Experience with various types of assessment tools including but not limited to 360-degree assessment, StrengthsFinder, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
- Well-developed professional networks
- Significant experience working with international organizations, including the UN, Government, NGOs, and the private sector.
- Experience in adult learning, instructional design, training, and facilitation
- Strong communication skills, including writing and public speaking.
- Previous experience working in a consulting and project environment is highly desirable.
- Flexibility and ability to travel; experience working or living overseas preferred.
- Ability to work sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- High level of competence in writing reports, analyses, proposals, or other technical communications
- Strong planning, organization, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in project management and supervision.
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks, producing quality products within tight time constraints.
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind and great business sense
- Outstanding negotiation skills with the ability to resolve issues and address complaints.
How to Apply:
Your application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to us on or before CoB Friday, 8th April 2022.
Quote the JOB TITLE on the subject of your email.