Job Vacancy: Finance Officer
Our client in the academic space is looking to fill in the role above and the main responsibilities will
be bookkeeping, accounting, and compliance for all Group activities.
- Manage the financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Assist in Budget preparation and presentation for the group
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and quarterly consolidated group and donor management reports
- Coordinate audit planning, input, and filings
- Oversee supplier payments and statement reconciliation
- Manage fee collection, payment plans, and debtors
- Ensure statutory returns are filed accurately and on time
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Continuously seek methods of minimizing financial risk to the Group
- Continuously improve, maintain and ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures for the Group
- Continuously stay abreast with external laws, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Compile and update applicable local, regional and global policies; and train the staff in these policies
- Managing stakeholder relationships
- Prepare inputs into management and board reports and presentations
- Supervise finance and operations team as needed
- Backstop Operations (Facilities, Administration and Human Resources) teams in all aspects
- Any other tasks that may be allocated by the Directors.
- Excellent spoken and written Business English
- Degree in Commerce-related field and CPA (K)
- At least 5 years’ experience in Accounting and Finance in a fast-paced, commercial organization.
- Solid track record working in Human Resources and Administration, especially in scoping and
deploying Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Experience in managing teams is compulsory.
- Full competency with Quickbooks and all applications in MS Office
- Self-motivated, ambitious, disciplined, detail-oriented, and systematic
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
How to Apply
If you are a driven individual looking to bring your exceptional talent and ideas, kindly send your
application to email@example.com before 18h April 2022 @ 5pm.
Kindly include the job title in your application’s heading.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.