Job Title: Academic Research Editor
Industry: Research and Development
Impact Center for Research International (ICRI) is a capacity building, research and consulting company in multiple areas.
We focus on delivering quality services to our clients and development partners through research-based solution models in a range of areas.
We undertake market research, feasibility studies, baseline surveys, impact assessment studies and solution modelling, Monitoring and Evaluation and effective communication services in a range of disciplines.
ICRI is currently looking for focused, dedicated and highly qualified individuals to provide editing services for our clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Editing manuscripts for English and scientific soundness to meet publication standards of international journals.
- Improve the readability and flow of ideas in manuscripts and provide constructive comments on areas that need further improvement by the author.
- Read, rewrite and paraphrase manuscripts with a high percentage of plagiarised content so that it meets the percentage required for publication.
- Read, edit, and recast sentences that are poorly structured so that they are not only correct grammatically but also understandable scientifically.
- Ensure manuscripts are properly formatted and conform to basic structural standards of publishable articles.
- Work with the author through feedback channels to ensure the manuscript meets the publication’s style and editorial policy.
- Maintain good working relationships with authors and other key staff such as production, editorial assistants, proofreaders, graphics artists, and marketing personnel.
- Be available to recheck your previously edited manuscripts to ensure client satisfaction.
- Attend scheduled online training meetings and capacity building programs.
- Adhere to deadlines for assignments given.
Qualifications of Ideal Candidates
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Natural, Biomedical, medical and Life Sciences.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be required to provide evidence of research experience such as peer reviewed and published papers.
- Those currently pursuing a master’s degree must have at least finished drafting the thesis and show evidence of preparing a manuscript if shortlisted.
- Good mastery of English language and knowledge in writing scientific manuscripts and the art of scientific communication.
- Self-motivated, dedicated and disciplined individuals with keen attention to details.
- You should possess high level critical thinking skills and able to identify logic gaps and plug them
- Ideal candidates should be available to work at least 6-8 hours per day
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV (Not exceeding 3 pages) to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject (Academic Research Editor) on or before 3rd June 2022.
Address their application to:
Impact Center for Research International,
P.O Box 6406-00100,