Job Vacancy: Farm Manager for a Small Scale Farm
Job Summary: we are looking to hire a knowledgeable, experienced, and enthusiastic leader to head one of our farms.
As the farm manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all aspects of the farm (Dairy cattle and horticulture) and ensuring the workplace safety of all employees
- Ensures the safety and efficiency of farm operations and in consultation prioritize tasks, assign duties and make decisions.
- Record data and create reports on worker attendance, budgets, suppliers and animal growth, mortality among others, and share the reports regularly with the management. ∙
- Oversee all farm machinery
- Ensure that materials and supplies are replenished as and when required with strict adherence to the companies reorder levels.
- Ensuring workplace sanitation practices to prevent the spread of diseases. ∙
- Maintain knowledge of pests and diseases and understanding of how they spread and how to limit and or treat them.
- Undertake performance appraisals for his/her direct reports.
- Ensure the farm complies with county and national government regulation
- A Certificate/Diploma in Animal Health Production, General agriculture or a related field and/or extensive related experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Farm Manager.
- Having undertaken courses in Farm Management will be an added advantage.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and able to work in a team environment.
- Effective people management skills.
- Valid Certificate of Good conduct.
Interested candidates should apply by e-mail together with a detailed C.V., a telephone number and names of three referees to:
Email: email@example.com .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.