Our client, a premier catering facility in Eldoret is seeking to recruit a dedicated individual who has a strong sense of ethics to fill the position of an Accountant.
The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Eldoret. Background in hospitality is an added advantage.
Job Summary: The position will be responsible for performing basic accounting functions such as ledger analysis, cost analysis, posting, and preparing financial reports.
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Manage all accounting transactions;
- Prepare budget forecasts;
- Publish financial statements in time;
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings;
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable;
- Ensure timely bank payments;
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns;
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements;
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity;
- Audit financial transactions and documents;
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary;
- Comply with financial policies and regulations;
- Supervise the collection of debts from debtors;
- Ensure regular bank reconciliation;
- Maintain and update the Fixed Assets Register and General Ledger;
- Check and advise on availability of funds in the bank before writing cheques or making any payments;
- Ensure that cash receipts and refunds are properly done and that records are well kept;
- Compile section reports and submit them to the Chief Financial Officer;
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University;
- Have a Certified Public Accountant CPA(K) or its Equivalent;
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience;
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body (ICPAK);
- Possess thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures ;
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections;
- Possess account balancing and reconciling skills;
- Aware of business trends;
- Keen to detail;
- Added advantage if they have worked in a hotel industry.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 7th July 2022 stating the subject heading “ACCOUNTANT” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.