Job Vacancy: Bilingual Associate Director – Grants & Compliance
Our Client, a non-profit organization that provides healthcare services globally seeks to recruit a seasoned, dynamic and dedicated Bilingual (French and English) Associate Director, Grants and Compliance, in the Africa Regional Office.
Reports to: Director of Grants and Compliance
Purpose: The Bilingual Associate Director, Grants and Compliance (G&C) is responsible for leading and administering the execution and monitoring of grant funding activities of the Africa Regional Office, while managing and providing technical assistance to in-country partners and programs teams on the implementation of activities, reporting, communications, and other functions in successful execution of organization’s projects in Africa.
This role is part of the larger Global Operations team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead financial grant management implementation process from partner selection to project close out, being diligent in monitoring donor compliance while providing capacity building to all stakeholders involved. Guides Program staff through the strategic and operational end of the grant making process.
- Reviews and provide feedback on grantee financial reports and deliverables regarding compliance, working with Program staff and Finance to ensure that grants are effectively monitored and closed out in a timely fashion.
- Work in partnership and coordination with programs teams to guide partner implementation of donor funds, ensuring high impact results, donor compliance and effective use of funds, providing technical assistance as needed
- Manage the appropriate systems including Fluxx and Mides to ensure the organization and maintenance of meticulous records for each Partner, tracking and ensuring all the necessary documentation is submitted in a timely manner, validating quality of data for decision making purposes
- Serve as liaison between Partners, technical/operations staff, and the ARO office and US to clearly document, address and resolve any necessary issues or challenges encountered during grant implementation.
- Work proactively and closely with individual Partners to identify and remedy any delays or problems encountered in the implementation of the grants, ensuring issues are reported immediately to the appropriate program staff.
- Provide teams with accurate and timely consolidated reports of financial expenditures for donor-mandated reports, that allow for agile decision making
- Work closely with Partners providing financial oversight and review/processing of payment documentation (receipts) as needed, providing technical assistance on best practices for donor funding implementation.
- Lead, design and deliver capacity building sessions and technical assistance with key stakeholders on subject matters related to the financial strengthening of an organization, financial leadership and sustainability, donor funding best practices, financial risk assessment and strategic financial planning
- Participate in the design and solicitation process for future awards and the selection of additional Partners; assume a lead role to ensure the process is well-managed and conducted in a collaborative and efficient manner. Lead onboarding process of new Partners to provide assessment of their financial readiness, financial health and risks in assuming new awards
- Collaborate with the Director of Grants and Compliance on designing and implementing a technical assistance program tailored to the needs of each new partner, focused on strengthening the organization’s financial health and sustainability
- Collaborate and implement capacity building workshops and programs that enable our partners to grow financially and become ready to graduate
- Collaborate with program staff to establish the program’s annual objectives and outline how to allocate the award and operational budget.
- Oversee the coordination of timely submission on approved milestones and deliverables (ie financial reports); work closely with Partners to complete any delayed or incomplete milestones.
- Collaborate with Program Officers to draft regular reports on the Partners’ progress and activities for senior and technical management as well as appropriate staff in the US
Systems and Operations
- Participates in organization’s ongoing efforts to implement a grants management system including the development of ongoing enhancements.
- Participates in ongoing efforts to improve and streamline organization’s grant making processes, workflows and systems; achieving greater efficiencies and sustainable solutions
- Work independently and effectively, in cross-functional teams, at a global level with multiple languages and across different time zones
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time and fall within the capabilities of the employee.
- Contribute to organization’s project work plans, budgets, and annual/quarterly reporting.
- Acting as the primary contact with Program Teams in developing and reviewing grant materials for legal and regulatory compliance, ensuring the integrity of each grant awarded and working with grantees in the awarding and monitoring of grants.
- Regularly interacts with other regional office staff and collaborates with New York office staff, as appropriate to ensure work is on time and meets performance goals.
- Divisional policy, work plan and project needs determine the nature and frequency of external contacts. These include a well-defined constituency that has a moderate influence on regional office activities, assigned projects or operations.
- Requires regular contact with in-country partners, colleagues, and sister organizations, in order to advance the interests of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Should have a first degree in project management, Business or related field from a recognized university with 7-10 years of work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of grants management life cycle and/or experience of working in the non-profit sector.
- Experience in financial analysis; Familiarity with Fluxx or related grants management platforms.
- Knowledge of Google suite platform is necessary.
- Minimum of Five years’ experience in Grants management and/or Financial Analysis.
- Experience working with foundation grants preferred.
- Good understanding of best practices in procurement necessary
Skills or Related Knowledge:
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross functional team.
- Ability to synthesize information and generate persuasive and clear verbal and written communications
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines with a keen attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively, while anticipating, prioritizing, and managing multiple tasks
- Ability to make agile and transparent decisions based on data, policies and stakeholder needs
- Analytical problem solving skills using systematic approaches to analyze and propose solutions as part of everyday activities
- Cultural sensitivity is imperative
- Knowledge of reproductive health issues is key
- Excellent written and oral English and French communication skills
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet, Google suites)
- Proficient in Excel
Travel: Ability to travel a minimum of 35% of time within the country and outside the country.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Bilingual Associate Director Grants & Compliance on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries