Our client, an International School that fosters academic excellence and character development, and
strives to provide a well-balanced spiritual, academic and social well-being, is seeking to recruit a
passionate and visionary individual with strong leadership skills to fill the position of Head Teacher,
Cambridge International Curriculum.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Principal of the school, the position will be responsible for providing professional vision and leadership for the school which secures its success and improvement, ensuring high quality education for all its pupils and improved standards of learning and achievement.
The position will directly supervise and manage Academic Teachers, Panel Heads, Class Teachers and Teachers.
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Formulate overall aims and objectives for the school and policies for their implementation together with the school management;
- Ensure continuous curriculum development and implementation;
- Establish and maintain academic standards;
- Ensure motivation of the students;
- Ensure the school is up to date with innovations, from teaching practices to new technology by evaluating quality and methods of instruction, researching, and recommending new programs, and/or revisions to existing academic programs;
- Resolve major disciplinary issues with students and the management;
- Report on the school performance to a range of audiences including media;
- Supervise the teaching staff and administrative staff supporting the Institution’s academic program to fulfil program support requirements; and
- Manage the institution’s facilities effectively to meet the needs of the curriculum and health and safety requirements.
Teaching and Curriculum Development:
- Develop curriculum and lesson plans for students and to track their progress;
- Provide and maintain a safe, conducive learning, thriving, and respectful environment for all children in and out of the classroom;
- Prepare lesson materials for the students;
- Oversee the allocated subjects and their performance;
- Conduct research on the new and improved trends for the specific subjects to ensure they are up-to-date;
- Guide students on how to develop their skills and talents;
- Manage students’ behaviour by disciplining and correcting in line with the outlined school guidelines;
- Measure the progress and accomplishment of students towards their academic achievements on a regular basis and give feedback;
- Present assessment reports to parents and discuss improvement methods;
- Attend school conferences and seminars to further their skills;
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social, sporting activities, and clubs; and
- Conduct research and development.
- To treat all the students, parents, and other stakeholders with respect and ensure they are tended to well; and
- To help address the complaints of the students and parents and other visitors.
Key Performance Indicators;
- Promote good overall school performance;
- Promote improved school grades;
- Increase student enrolment;
- Ensure well nurtured students;
- Ensure teachers’ satisfaction;
- Conduct discipline referrals; and
- Ensure reduced complaints from parents and students.
Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities:
- The candidate should have a Master’s degree in Education;
- A minimum of five (5) years teaching experience in a reputable institution offering the Cambridge International curriculum or any other international curriculum;
- Should possess Information technology skills;
- Have a Teacher’s Service Commission (TSC) registration certificate or an equivalent from a registration body;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Possess excellent customer service skills;
- Have good interpersonal skills;
- Have organisational skills;
- Possess leadership skills, and
- Possess professional skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by Monday, 4th July 2022 stating the subject heading “HEAD TEACHER” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified for the role.
Candidates with experience working in a multicultural environment are encouraged to apply.