Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Career Opportunity: Histology / Cytology Laboratory Technologist
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The Hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, Safe Care level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has Outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The Hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position listed below:
Histology / Cytology Laboratory Technologist in Kisumu
Ref. No: AKHK/KSM/LT/06/22
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the successful candidate will ensure provision of effective, efficient, and quality laboratory analytical services in the hospital.
- Receive and accession laboratory specimens following laid down procedures
- Participate in collection and proper handling of histology and cytology specimens
- Process laboratory specimens and communicate accurate results in a timely manner
- Maintain laboratory records and specimen archives
- Maintain and control laboratory equipment
- Participate in proficiency testing and other quality assurance programs.
- Create and review laboratory standard operating procedures
- Sustain laboratory accreditation status
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in a busy medical laboratory
- Experience in an accredited laboratory will be an added advantage
- Excellent skills and competency in histology and cytology.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board. A current practice license is mandatory.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and reference number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 9th July 2022.
The email subject line MUST include position title and reference number being applied for e.g.,
“LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST AKHK/KSM/LT/06/22.’’
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, or medical examination).
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer.”