Job Title: Branch Manager
Reports To: Operations Director
Department: Clinical Operations
Business Purpose / Objective: Responsible for providing and maintaining high standards of professional care to all clients while ensuring consistent provision of efficient and ethical care to support it in achieving quality health service delivery.
Responsible for the critical balance of the hospital between offering high quality care and maintaining profitability and sustainability.
About Jacaranda Maternity: Jacaranda Maternity is redesigning the future of healthcare in East Africa for the patients who need it most.
Our hospital in Nairobi is changing the way maternal healthcare is provided by developing better ways to provide high-quality, patient-centred maternity care at affordable prices.
Currently, we see over 3,000 clients a month. We have won global and local recognition, including from the Centre for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Savings Lives at Birth, and Innovations in Healthcare – and our facility has been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
We are expanding to new locations and require an additional Branch Manager.
Reporting to our Operations Director, you will take on responsibility of overseeing the operations of the branch by managing resources and staff, growing the locations revenue, delivering quality customer service and maintaining superior patient satisfaction.
Will you join us and help transform maternal and new-born health care in East Africa?
- Hold a diploma or degree in any medical field and from a recognized university / (medical training) college.
- Hold an active License from relevant Medical Body. Business or health systems degree is an added advantage.
- Position holder should have at least 5 years’ experience in working as licensed medical personnel and hold a leadership position in a busy health facility.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excel in people management especially in leading organizations through change management.
- Experienced in linking strategy to operational execution by using data to drive practice.
- Comfortable with failing fast and pivoting. Testing new ideas and helping them scale needs one to be comfortable in operating complex, uncertain and evolving environments.
- Commitment to providing high quality care and excellence.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems is a key competence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directing and implementing adherence to Jacaranda code of conduct, policies/procedures, and performance of assigned staff;
- Monitoring staff compliance to customer service;
- 24 Hour accountability and authority for decisions regarding patient care, site operations and personnel management for the facility.
- Lead the execution of the strategies developed in collaboration with the senior management this includes streamlining operations to set them up for success;
- The BM will directly lead the operations and clinical team and will provide leadership and guidance to clinical and operations coordinators.
Data Driven Change Agent:
- Working in collaboration with the Quality Improvement Lead to Conduct deep dives into branch activities and operations to identify improvement areas, developing work plans for change and coordinating team leads to achieve these goals;
- Evaluating complex data sets to improve patient, financial and care processes and outcomes;
- Develop and track team leads to meet their KPIs and ensure the Branch is meeting its commitment to uncompromising quality;
- Maintain departmental standards of Quality.
- Project anticipated volume and demand for each department, conducts cost analysis, analyzes and monitors budget reports and variances;
- Evaluate human and materials resource utilization and makes necessary adjustments;
- Collaborates with finance manager to develop annual budgets for the facility;
- Any other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should apply through this link;
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.