National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc.
Position Title: Relationship Manager, Agriculture
Job Ref No. HR/044/2022
Available Position/s: 1
Division: Corporate Banking
Reporting to: Head, Agriculture Sector
Position Scope: Reporting to the Sector Head, Agriculture within the Corporate Banking Division, the role holder will be responsible for business growth within the Agriculture Sector through acquisition of new business and portfolio growth.
He/she will also be required to implement the Agriculture Sector Banking Business Development initiatives within the Corporate Division, influence business by determining innovative solutions, leverage best practice and assimilate with proven practices to ensure exceptional customer experience and efficiencies.
- Implement the Agriculture Sector Banking Business Development initiatives in line with the Bank strategy and business growth plan.
- Identify opportunities for growth and new business acquisition through market research, analysis and networking.
- Develop, grow and maintain a strong client and transaction pipeline and convert these to businesses that achieve customer satisfaction, the banks financial budgets and strategic goals.
- Actively market and drive the uptake of the Agriculture Sector Banking services and products to new and existing clients. Identify opportunities for cross-selling of relevant products and services.
- Ensure day-to-day client relationship management and engagement with customers to foster a good and lasting business partnership of the customer and the Bank.
- Promote excellent customer experience by driving and advocating customer requirements through the various functions in the bank to deliver high service standards that delight the bank’s customers.
- Ensure full compliance with Agriculture Sector Banking standards while adhering of the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Partner with Regional Management, Branch Management teams and Support Functions to increase market share of the Agriculture Sector Banking segment with regard to customer numbers, products, service consumption and revenues while proactively reducing the non-performing loan book.
- Collaborate with Branch Managers and ensure to drive account utilization and sustainable deposits.
- Drive transactional income from Agriculture Sector Banking clients through effective customer service and cross selling the Bank’s products and services.
- Establish profitable banking relationships with Agriculture Sector Banking clients by providing high quality banking and other financial services where the Bank operates
- Provide feedback to Management on Agriculture Sector Banking market analysis and segmentation with regards to products, credit risk evaluation and customer feedback among others.
- In liaison with other stakeholders, ensure quality portfolio management by effective identification of risks and their mitigations.
- Conduct preliminary credit reviews and make recommendations for new and existing facilities in line with the Bank’s credit policy and Agriculture Sector Compliance guidelines.
- Regularly monitor performing/non performing accounts within the assigned portfolio.
- Support and coordinate post disbursement loan monitoring.
Education, Professional Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- University Degree in Business related field.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications (CPA, ACCA, AKIB) will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification in sales / marketing is an added advantage.
- Any other relevant insurance qualification and/or membership from Insurance Institute of Kenya (IIK) or associate Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII) will be an added advantage
- Five (5) years’ banking experience in the Financial/banking sector, three (3) of which should be in Relationship Management in the Agriculture Sector or related field.
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial thinking
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Integrity & courage to challenge actions within various business units and the status quo.
- Strong persuasion, management and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Creative approach, with the ability to anticipate challenges and develop innovative solutions
- Customer & Client Focused Innovation – able to meet the demands of internal and external customers
- Meaningful Collaboration – Ability to establish key partnerships and facilitate, influence, collaborate and establish accountability through all levels of the organization to help drive uptake of the Bank’s products and services
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Sound understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements of corporate governance, business and banking operations.
- Effective communication.
- Some knowledge of the Bank’s lending principles, policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application letter showing how you meet the role requirement stated above to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by Wednesday, 6th July 2022.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.