Our client, a premier catering facility in Eldoret is seeking to recruit a self-motivated individual with a strong strategic and leadership skills to fill the position of an Operations Manager.
Terms of engagement is a (1) one-year contract with a possibility of renewal subject to performance.
The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Eldoret. Background in hospitality is an added advantage.
Job Summary: The position will be responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and overall operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of marketing, technical, clerical, service, maintenance, and other staff;
- Plan, implement and administer programs and services including human resource administration, training, and coordination of the operational staff;
- Effective implementation of marketing strategy (including analysis, intelligence & growth) aligned to the business plan and company objectives;
- The management of the day-to-day operations of the company by understanding, identifying and addressing the needs of the clientele including understanding competitor strategies;
- Maintain quality client care standards;
- Achievement of company’s financial and non-financial targets, areas of focus being budget, special projects, activity, revenue, cost of sales, overheads and administrative;
- Identifying trends, using root cause analysis, be able to implement remedial action where necessary through effective use of heads of department and enabling functions as required;
- Effective relationship management with stakeholders including employees for providing direction and inspiring positive work behaviour;
- Drive client attraction and retention and co-ordinate and participate, where applicable, in the optimal functioning of the company;
- Drive improvement of quality metrics and implementation of standardized complaints management system;
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of values, operating model and strategy;
- Ensure and drive optimal management of business governance to achieve sound business ethics, risk management and control with appropriate transparency and controls;
- Participate in the disciplinary process of staff;
- Assist with recruitment and placement of new staff.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Business Administration, B.Com, or any other business-related field from a recognized institution;
- Must have at least 1-2 years of working experience in such position or its equivalent;
- Proven leadership and general business management experience;
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment or services industry will be an added advantage;
- Strong budget development and oversight skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and presentation skills;
- Excellent people management and conflict-resolution skills;
- Independent thinker with an ability to make tough decisions as well as mitigate potential risks and arising crises.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 7th July 2022 stating the subject heading “OPERATIONS MANAGER” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.