Our client, an International School that fosters academic excellence and character development, and strives to provide a well-balanced spiritual, academic and social well-being, is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, mature individual with the ability to form working relationships, to fill the position of Human
Job Summary: Reporting to both the Principal and Administrative Manager, the position will play an important role in coordinating the school’s staffing needs, the HR needs of the staff both teaching and non-teaching and the will of Administrators.
The HR Officer will play a very critical role in building the school culture and strategy for overall growth.
This position will directly manage the teaching and support staff.
Main Responsibilities of Job
- The Human Resource Officer will be involved in the day-to-day staffing of the school system;
- Conduct announcement of vacant post;
- Perform and facilitate interview processes;
- Issue appointment Letters, bio data forms and job descriptions to new staff and have them signed; and
- Perform orientation of new staff and training on HR Manual.
Support School Employees:
- Serve as the liaison between teachers, staff, and school administrators;
- Generate policies and procedures for continuous identification of training needs of the school staff;
- Support the school’s employees, by communicating labour relations information or interpreting employment laws when necessary;
- Provide information on employee benefits and activities, verify employment, and help employees with employment related paperwork; and
- Manage Staff relations by ensuring that the grievance and disciplinary procedures are followed and to provide a good channel of advice on how to resolve staff issue.
- Formulate effective Performance Appraisal Policy, Procedures and ensure its compliance;
- Review and analyse the performance appraisal managing process together with the school Management;
Welfare and Safety for School Staff and Students:
- Review and update health and safety policies for the school and ensure they are observed;
- Organize safety trainings for staff;
- Emphasize on health and hygiene awareness;
- Manage the overall welfare of the school including staff and students;
- Guide parents on the welfare of the students.
Policy Development and Implementation:
- Implement policies and procedures for the school;
- Enhance all the official school communications;
- Ensure proper management of the school amenities and occupational and health safety;
- Provide professional advice and counsel to supervisors’ department, administrators and managers on issues of staff relations and the school management matters including performance assessment and management, labour relations, corrective actions, dispute resolution, compensation and classification recruitment and retention and structure and staffing.
- Document human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records;
- Timely and accurate data recording and maintenance on HR database and any other HR systems in place;
- Maintain human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases, tracking vacation, sick, and personal time;
- Ensure setting up and maintenance of all HR filing systems, both manual and HRMS, adhering to confidentiality at all time;
- Ensure the archiving and/or disposal of HR records in accordance with the systems in place; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Possess professional skills; and
- Portray excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities:
- The candidate should hold a Degree in Human Resources or social sciences;
- Must have a Post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management or Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP);
- Should have at least three (3) years’ experience in a busy industry;
- Must be an active member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM);
- Should possess leadership skills;
- Possess planning, organizing and prioritizing skills;
- Possess people management skills;
- Possess decision making skills;
- Should portray networking and relationship building skills;
- Portray presentation, communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 4th July 2022 stating the subject heading “HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified for the role.