Job Vacancy: WordPress Developer
Job Description: We are looking to hire a skilled WordPress developer to design and implement attractive and functional websites for our clients.
You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.
To be a successful WordPress developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills.
Ultimately, a top-class WordPress developer can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications of our clients.
WordPress Developer Responsibilities:
- Deep collaboration on WordPress design/development projects with management, team members, clients, and vendors.
- Conducts WordPress design/development research and performs discovery analyses for new and existing projects, including content reviews and wireframing.
- Creates WordPress design/development strategies based on research.
- Designs responsive, mobile-first WordPress concepts based on strategy.
- Implements WordPress websites from design concepts.
- Creating the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live websites.
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Performs maintenance and support for WordPress websites.
- Implements and assess SEO best practices.
- Communicate with clients and project managers in regards to bugs and updates.
- Stay up-to-date with new web technologies.
WordPress Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar field.
- 4+ years experience designing and developing WordPress websites and other PHPbased CMS frameworks.
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development with MVC architecture
- Strong understanding of DBMS development such as Mysql and PostgreSQL
- Advanced knowledge of developing wordpress themes and plugins
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Experience in deploying large scale applications on complex cloud architecture
- Experience with web analytics reporting tools (Google Analytics, Moz, GWT, etc).
- Ability to manage projects and work well in a team
- Good communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “WORDPRESS DEVELOPER” by Wednesday 6th July 2022 clearly indicating their current/previous and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.