Job Vacancy: Project Manager (Interior Design)
Our Client is an interior architecture and design firm based in Nairobi Kenya.
They provide end-to-end processes for design solutions; from design, planning, and execution (build/fit out) to furnishing and decorating spaces.
They seek to hire a Project Manager.
The individual will be mandated to oversee the company’s projects from start to end ensuring that projects are executed within the required timelines and budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Mobilization- prepare project schedules, mobilize and allocate resources
- Have oversight over all projects-ensure projects are delivered within the required timelines and budget
- Manage project expenses-develop and implement cost savings measures
- Check for any errors, discrepancies or omissions in the design drawings and ensure they are rectified.
- Manage and lead the project team reporting to them, training and mentoring new site teams
- Ensure the site has relevant site documents before fit-out commences
- Attend site and project meetings, address issues raised, take and maintain minutes
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports on project status
- Be in charge of quality assurance of all fit-out projects -ensure that standards and specifications are met
- In liaison with the Operations Manager negotiate and manage contracts with subcontractors and technicians as per project budget and labour schedules
- Ensure that all company assets are tagged, tracked, properly maintained and managed
- Prepare and submit weekly wage schedules for workers’ payments
- Monitor and ensure that Site Safety Rules and Regulations are displayed on site and adhered to
- Regularly train employees on Health and Safety Requirements and ensure they work in protective gear
- Manage the handover of a new facility to a client, prepare and issue the Client with a maintenance manual for the facility
- Conduct Regular research on best practices in the industry and recommend improvements
- Refine already existing departmental policies, procedures and strategies
- Maintain good relationships with clients and vendors
- Identify new business opportunities
- At least 5 years of work experience in construction project management with an emphasis on Interior design
- Has experience and skill in project budgeting and resource management
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Construction or Project Management
- Proficient in Archi-CAD / AutoCAD and Ms Office Programs
- A highly proactive individual, possessing risk management skills
- Ability to lead and manage a diverse team
- Possess and upholds high standards of integrity.
- Ability to multitask, manage time and work without supervision.
- Creative with an eye for detail, able to creatively solve problems
- Possess exceptional communication, Interpersonal, Customer Service and presentation skills
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their CV to Fanisi HR Solutions at email@example.com by end day 20th July 2022.
Shortlisting will be on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted