Mater Misericordiae Hospital, a leading health care provider in East and Central Africa has excellent
Mater Misericordiae Hospital offers exceptional, compassionate and christ-centred health care services to our clients through an innovative, engaged and competent workforce.
The successful candidate will fill in the below position: –
Accident & Emergency Unit In Charge
- Monitor standards of nursing care and other support services to ensure delivery of quality patient care
- Develop and implement unit budget and ensure operations are within the budget.
- Address issues and concerns within the section to ensure both internal and external customer
- Submit monthly activity reports to the management.
- Update staff on health and safety requirements to ensure a safe environment and compliance with the statutory requirements.
- Liaise with various experts, consultants and section heads to achieve departmental and institutional goals.
- Ensure adequate supply and proper management of staff, consumables and assets to maximize
efficiency and cost controls.
- Ensure effective infection control measures.
- In liaison with the security Manager ensuring adequate security at the premises throughout and
reporting any incidents.
- Ensure patients nursing needs be they physical, psychological, mental and spiritual are attended to in a holistic manner.
- To supervise nursing care and other support services to assure delivery of quality care.
- Set work schedules for all staff in the unit.
- Foster team work and discipline among the staff.
- Address issues and concerns within the section to ensure both internal and external customers
- Ensure proper induction of new staff and nursing students for smooth adoption and correct practice of nursing care.
Required Qualifications for the Position
- Diploma (KRCHN/KRN) / Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BScN)
- A higher National Diploma in Accident & Emergency Nursing or Critical care Nursing specialization.
- BLS/ACLS certified
- ATCN certification would be an added advantage
- A&E or Critical Care Nursing experience of 5 years and above with at least 2 years managing an A&E or Critical care unit.
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya with a valid license
How to Apply
If you are interested in the above position and you meet the requirements listed, please send your application together with a detailed CV, Copies of Academic Certificates, three  referees and include their telephone contacts and email address
so as to reach us not later than 31st August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note Mater Misericordiae Hospital does not charge any fee at any stage of our recruitment process.