Heifer International Kenya
Provision of Financial Consultancy Services for Heifer International – Kenya
Heifer International Kenya (HPI) has been operating in Kenya since 1981 with a Mission to work with communities to end hunger and poverty and care for the earth and its Vision is “a world of communities
living together in peace and equitably sharing the resources of a healthy planet”.
Using a values-based community development approach, Heifer works with communities to strengthen the local economy, diversify diets with better nutrition, and properly manage water and soil systems for future generations.
Background and General Objective
Currently, Heifer International Kenya has offices in Nairobi and Kisumu.
The Main office is located along Kabarnet Road, Off Ngong Road- Nairobi and hosts part of its operational and project teams.
Terms of Reference
Heifer Kenya is seeking for an audit firm to offer financial consultancy services across all its offices in
Scope of Work
Contractor shall provide the following Services and/or Goods:
1. Visit all the Offices each month for one to five (1-5) days to do the following:
- Review analytical and substantive procedures
- Review monthly vouchers
- Review overall internal control system
- Review reconciliations
- Verifying third party documentation
- Identify weaknesses within the following:
- proper accounting treatments
- accuracy of records/information
- expenditure vs. budget
- NGO requirements, etc.
2. Review Country Office financial transactions for the period from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2025 for both analytical and substantive procedures.
3. Recommend changes to and/or assist the modification of Country Office practices in the following areas:
- office processes/guidelines, and
- internal procedures, or
- desktop procedures based on established HPI standard policies and procedures while also
adhering to local law requirements.
4. Receive and respond to calls/emails from the Country Office and HPI U.S. staff regarding statutory requirements and compliance on financial and audit-related issues.
5. Assess the system of governance, risk management and control processes of the Country Office in
terms of adequacy, effectiveness, and sustainability.
6. Perform tests on controls.
7. Obtain a detailed process understanding and perform a process analysis.
8. Identify and assess risks, which will involve understanding HPI’s objectives.
9. Conduct assessments, monitor performance, and recommend improvement to processes, if necessary.
10. Evaluate and test controls by thoroughly reviewing the five components of internal control, to include control environment, risk assessment, control activities, information and communication and monitoring processes.
11. Perform walk-through tests.
12. Perform transaction tests, and substantive verification.
13. Compare the budgets to actual results.
14. Review of the Management Information System (“M.I.S”).
15. Perform other miscellaneous Services and/or Goods, as requested by HPI.
The audit firm must provide HPI with a written report or reports reflecting all Services performed, Fees
received, expenses incurred, or other requested information, at times and in a format acceptable to HPI.
Although HPI may ask for reports more frequently, HPI expects monthly reports.
The application requirements:
Only legally registered audit firms are eligible to apply and should submit the following:
a) Letter of expression of interest and demonstration of capability.
b) Cover Page (Name of organization / company, contact details – the name of the contact person,
physical address, phone number, postal and email address).
c) Business Registration and compliance documentation including.
- Certificate of Incorporation
- A Partnership Deed if you are running a partnership business.
- Valid practicing certificate
- KRA online PIN Certificate.
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Physical location including town, building, room number and postal address.
- Trade reference and clientele list where similar services have been or are being provided including their respective contacts.
All applicants should submit their applications on email address below: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line labelled ‘PROVISION OF FINANCIAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES’.
Closing date for applications is 21st August 2022