KCA University (KCAU)
Vacant Position: Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research, Innovation & Outreach)
KCA University (KCAU) is one of Africa’s top Private Universities, with a strong focus on business and technology. Current student enrolment is slightly over 17,000, with a staff base of about 600 employees. The University is sponsored by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
KCAU’s main campus is located at Exit 5 off Thika Road in Ruaraka, Nairobi, Kenya, with other campuses in the Nairobi CBD, Kisumu and Kitengela. The University has a Strategic Plan for the period 2019-2023, focusing on 40 flagship programmes, which are accredited by the Commission for University Education.
The University’s academic strength is based on its Doctorate, Masters, Bachelors, Diploma and Certificate Programmes, as well as Professional programmes.
One of the KCAU’s strategic goals is Enhanced Scholarship and Research Productivity through quality research and innovation output across all disciplines.
This will be actualized through investment in development activities that will grow and diversify research funding and associated infrastructure.
KCA University is seeking to recruit a qualified, competent, dynamic and visionary leader to fill the position of Deputy Vice-Chancellor in charge of Research, Innovation and Outreach.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the development of Research and Innovation infrastructure and formulation of appropriate policies.
- Oversee Research, Innovation and Outreach planning, coordination, administration, and logistical support at all levels.
- Coordinate and source research funds.
- Oversee protection of Intellectual Assets, commercialization, dissemination and publication of research and innovations
- Promote strategic alliances with Government, industry, local and international research institutions.
- Lead in research and innovation branding, setting standards, quality assurance/control and capacity building.
- Coordinate seminars, consultancies, workshops, conferences and symposia.
- Promote research benchmarking and exchange of researchers and innovators.
- Negotiate and manage Research and Innovation contracts and consultancies.
- Guide dissemination of research findings and maintain a database of accredited journals.
- Oversee the establishment and operations of research centres and institutes in the University.
- Organize research capacity building for Academic Staff.
- Perform any other function pertaining to research, innovation and outreach
- Full Professor or Associate Professor of a recognized University;
- Holder of an earned Doctorate degree from a recognized University;
- Be a registered member of a professional association
- At least 10 years of experience in Senior University Management positions;
- Should have published extensively in recognized refereed Journals;
- Demonstrate evidence of innovative and creative leadership in areas of Research, Innovation and Outreach;
- Demonstrate evidence of current strategic partnerships and networks;
- Demonstrate an understanding of Vision 2030 and relevant legislation guiding Higher Education in Kenya;
- Have an understanding of the national policies and strategies governing University Research, Innovation and Outreach in Kenya;
- Provide evidence of leadership research, networking and ability to attract funds to the University;
- Demonstrate an understanding of Leadership and Integrity as provided in the Constitution of Kenya;
The following core competencies and skills will be required:
- Ability to portray and uphold a positive national image and work in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
- Visionary thinker and result oriented;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and effective communication skills;
- Outstanding organization development skills, entrepreneurial acumen and business process re-engineering competencies;
- Logical and sound decision-making abilities within the context of a dynamic environment;
- Creativity and innovation abilities with strong implementation, monitoring and evaluation focus;
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- An excellent mentor and
- Firm, fair, accountable and transparent in the conduct of duties
Shortlisted candidates will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews:
- National Identity Card;
- Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts;
- Any other supporting documents and testimonials;
- Recommendations from relevant professional bodies and associations; and
Certificate of Clearance from the following bodies:
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and;
- Certificate of good conduct.
The successful candidate will be offered a remuneration package commensurate with the existing terms and conditions of service.
This appointment is for a period of five (5) years.
i) Applicants meeting the above requirements should submit detailed current curriculum vitae, including academic qualifications, professional experience, academic leadership record, publications, scholarships, grants and awards, membership in professional associations, and community service.
ii) Copies of certificates, testimonials and evidence of clearance from the organizations listed above should also be provided, along with an email address and telephone contacts.
iii) The applicant should provide the names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of at least three referees.
iv) Applications and referees’ confidential reports on the applicant’s suitability for the position should be sent to the undersigned and received on or before 23rd August 2022.
v) All applications must be clearly titled “Application for the position of Deputy Vice-Chancellor RIO” on the subject of the email, and electronic copies submitted in PDF format to email@example.com
vi) Applicants are required to indicate their current or past monthly salary.
vii) Applicants who canvas by any means will be disqualified.
KCA University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, The Marginalized and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.