National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc
Position Title: Senior Manager – Service Desk & Monitoring
Job Ref No. HR/053/2022
1 Available Position
Division: ICT Division
Location: Head Office
Reporting to: Head ICT Service Delivery
Position Scope: Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of service-desk and monitoring operations to ensure both internal and external customers can access ICT Service at the agreed uptime and availability.
In addition, he/she will be responsible for ensuring a high performance culture for the service desk and monitoring unit.
- Provide support in the review and maintenance of the unit’s policies, procedures, guidelines and operating standards in line with the ICT overall strategy.
- Provide team leadership and operationalisation of Service Desk and Monitoring teams
- Encourage a culture of knowledge management, continual improvement and high performance for the team
- Maintaining and determining standard operational procedures for Monitoring and Service desk operations
- To develop, implement and continuously improve ICT “best practice” tools and processes based on IT services management frameworks like ITIL
- Own the ICT services catalogues and ensure it is regularly updated with all services provided by ICT.
- Oversight and ensure best practice in monitoring operation of infrastructure,databases, applications, channels and security activities.
- Responsible to ensure tickets are handled as per agreed SLA
- Responsible for communication of downtimes and follow up for closure.
- Ensure tickets are properly priotized handle escalations and eventuatually resolving the issue
- Collaborate with other ICT teams for continual service improvement
- Act as a further escalation point for unresolved or escalated calls
- Monitor team metrics and address any bottlenecks/issues with regards to Monitoring and Ticket Resolution
- Focus on Service Level Agreements and ensuring the team is meeting commitments
- Responsible for Issue management and problem management – ensuring comprehensive database of queries and resolutions is kept up to date
- Provide periodic reports on Service Levels , Ticket Resolution rate ,Customer Satisfaction Incident Management, RCAs, Uptime and Availability in accordance with ITIL practices
- Stakeholder Management and collaboration with other teams in ICT for optimization opportunities
- Provide support for the Audits and support in audit closure as per the required standards.
- Ensure implementation of mechanisms for identification and filtering of incidents including access breaches at the unit and ensure relevant actions by relevant team/s are taken.
- Responsible for management of user -provisioning, user de provisioning, user change management and user access breach among others as per the policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Assess and implement actions pertinent to the unit resulting from periodic user recertification exercises and compliance checks.
- Perform any other duties as maybe assigned by team lead.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- A bachelor’s degree in IT or related field from an accredited University.
- ITIL Certification will be an added advantage.
- Professional Banking qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Five (5) years working experience in busy Banking ICT Environment.
- Competence in the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledgeable in Banking Systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational and resource management skills.
- Exposure to Project Management and ITIL certification will added advantages.
- Professionalism –maintains a professional approach based on ethics and NBK values.
- Integrity and honesty and ethics- ensures ethical practices and integrity and ensures NBK is not put at reputational risk.
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork and communication skills.
- Customer orientation – is customer focused striking a solid balance between external and internal customer orientation.
- Resilience –is able to withstand operational challenges and maintain momentum.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application letter showing how you meet the role requirement stated above to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by Monday, 15th August 2022.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.