St. Francis Community Hospital wishes to recruit a highly motivated, result oriented, competent, honest and remarkably talented Resident Obstetrician / Gynecologist with strong work ethics and passion for excellence.
The Resident OBS/GYN will work with a multidisciplinary clinical team to maintain high standards of service delivery actively promote and provide specialized general medical services and encourage a continuous improvement of patient management, smooth running of the institution and to provide care to patients in the institution who require acute medical intervention that can be provided by an OBS/GYN.
- Attend to walk in and referred obstetrics and gynecology patients in the in-patient and out-patient department.
- Provide specialized medical services and service delivery in the Obs/Gyn unit of the hospital, ensuring that they meet the expected standards of quality, quantity, and compliance.
- Accurate and clear documentation of patient history, physical examination, investigations, and management.
- Provide clarity of investigations to be carried out and interpretation of the results and ensure update to the patients and the next of kin.
- Oversee the obstetrics and gynecology department and run the gynecology and obstetrics Clinics.
- Undertake all required patient care activities; emergency medical procedures, ward rounds and communicating to patients.
- Provide medical research and training within the hospital as well as ensure collaboration and cooperation with other clinical teams at St. Francis Community Hospital.
- Offer specialized Obs/Gyn services’ advice to the hospital executive and other sections/units and the public.
- Work with other medical specialists to solve single or multiple medical issue (s) and support the performance of extensive surgery, when required in the hospital.
- Keep abreast of advancements and best practices by attending seminars and conferences and participation in continuous medical education.
- Prepare and disseminate periodic reports appropriately.
Qualification / Skills
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB).
- Master of Medicine in Gynecology and Obstetrics from a recognized institution
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC).
- Specialist Recognition by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Subspecialty training is an added advantage.
- A valid medical practicing license.
- Professional insurance indemnity cover.
- At least two (2) years of working experience as an Obs/Gyn in a reputable hospital.
- Excellent Public Relations skills and communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications (soft copies only), ENCLOSING A DETAILED CV, AND COVER LETTER ONLY to– firstname.lastname@example.org so as to be received by 07th October 2022.
Applicants MUST INDICATE CURRENT & EXPECTED CONSOLIDATED SALARY in their application and indicate Resident Obs/Gyn on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
St. Francis Community Hospital is an equal opportunity employer