Terre des hommes (Tdh)
Job Re-Advertisement: Case Management Senior Officer
Reports to: Child Protection Project Maneger
Location: Dadaab Refugee Operations
Working time in %: 100%
Number of subordinates: 14 case Workers and one CBI Officer
General description of the position: The Case Management Senior Officer is responsible for the provision of the protection / Community-Based Case Management services through the daily supervision and mentoring to the Case workers / BID Officers and CBI Officer to ensure overall quality of case management process effectively using the inter-agency and Tdh child protection case management standards operating procedures.
Development and supervision of in-office and mobile case management response
- Ensure that the case management system for children in need of protection is aligned with national protection system and adheres to the main inter-agency standardized operating procedures and tools (CPMS, CM guidance).
- Contribute to designing and delivering a capacity building plan for case workers, including refresher trainings and workshops throughout the project’s timeframe.
- Provide on-the-job mentoring and technical guidance to caseworkers in all the project locations.
- Hold regular meetings with Psychosocial Senior Officer, Case Management/ BID Officers and Empowernment Senior Officer to ensure that the cases identified at sectional levels receive appropriate and timely support.
- Together with the line manager, ensure the establishment and implementation of work plans, setting clear targets, activities and locations.
- Ensure that case workers thoroughly follow the case management steps ensuring that each step is properly implemented and documented.
- Support individual cases where required and provide regular monitoring of all aspects of case management services.
- Conduct weekly supervision meetings with all caseworkers, providing technical advice on cases and psychosocial support to caseworkers.
- Schedule and supervise case management meetings at least every two weeks. Share minutes of case management meetings with team and line manager.
- Monitor timescales for response, decision-making, placement, follow-up and review.
- Review staff caseloads to ensure they are manageable and share challenges with senior management.
- Conduct regular case file audit and check that protocols and principles are respected.
- Map existing specialized services and make sure that the referral pathway is up-to-date to facilitate beneficiaries’ access
- Ensure data are collected systematically and accurately and logically presented to the line manager.
- Prepare inputs to donor’s and internal reporting documents.
- Ensure that appropriate information management protocol is in place, particularly in terms of confidentiality of data (including, data base).
- Ensure regular communication with the line manager on activities’ updates, achievements and challenges via meetings, reports and ad-hoc communication upon request and needs.
- Carry out all the procedures connected with the accomplishment of the planned activities (administrative and logistical).
- Ensure proper use of equipment and other material resources available to the project.
- Submit purchase requests and other logistics team documents according to procedure and authorization level.
- Organize evaluation process of project activities for lessons learned exercise and reporting purposes and participate in field assessment whenever requested by the line manager.
- Ensure implementation or Dadaab Multi-Purpose Cash Grand/ Cash Based Intervention Programs in Dadaab.
- Maintain regular exchanges with the other partners for the early identification and timely response to children in need of protection.
- Promote, and ensure project activities are in line with child protection principles and best practices.
- Ensure the project activities are integrated in the Dadaab Child Protection System and humanitarian coordination practices and guidelines.
- Identify and propose trainings for her/his team related to child protection principles and best practices.
- Report serious cases of abuse on children identified by the project team to the management team. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
Data management and reporting
- Ensure data management protocols are adhered in coordination with the monitoring and evaluation officers and data clerk.
- Regularly assess patterns of child protection risks and in cooperation with partners, ensure appropriate and timely response.
- Conduct regular case file audit to ensure that they are up to date and check quality and consistency of the work.
- Produce timely progress reports including both quantitative and qualitative information on BIA/BID activities and input into regular situation reports, monthly reports and quarterly reports.
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and means of verification to inform donor reports.
- Coordination and representation.
- Collaborate with Psychosocial Senior Officer and Empowerment Senior Officer on facilitation of case management services.
- Participates in the organization and conduction of training and awareness sessions for communities, families and stakeholders.
- Support documentation activities in the project by development of case studies and best practices form the field.
- Reporting-Provides the reports required under this position and those required by his or her immediate supervisor.
- Accountability, security and child safety: Understands and applies security policies, the child safe guarding policy and fraud prevention policies.
- Integrity; honest and encourage openness and transparency.
Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Code of Conduct, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
This position requires interpersonal, communication and coordination skills to meet the child protection needs in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Ability to conduct individual, analytical casework with children (including refugee children), interviewing children and writing and reviewing related reports.
- Ability and strong experience in analysis and reviewing of quality BIAs and BIDs and organizing for inter-agency BID panels.
- Strong experience in organizing internal and external Case Conferences.
- Ability to provide support and advice, ask questions and communicate clearly and constructively on positive and negative issues.
- Discipline, Precision with strong leadership ability. .
- Knowledge of Multi-Purpose Cash Grand/ Cash Based Interventions.
- Team spirit: ability to work closely with project teams and consultants’
- Flexibility, openness and adaptability.
- Analytical and communication skills.
- Results oriented focus and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to learn from positive and negative experiences and capitalize on errors.
Other professional skills required
- Graduate Degree in Social work/Social Sciences or any other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years work supporting children (social work, child protection, psychosocial, education etc.)
- Experience working in a refugee context and knowledge of Best Interests Procedures is a plus.
- Team management experience.
- Project reporting and evaluation experience.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili. Ability to communicate in Somali is a plus.
- Willingness to work in insecure environment.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their applications letter and detailed CVs to KEN.firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are required to indicate the position title on the subject line of the email when applying.
Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
This receruitment will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Those who had already send in their applications need not apply