The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
Introduction: The KCCB – General Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the KCCB implements and coordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
It is seeking individuals to fill the following positions.
Head of Department – Commission for Promoting Integral Human Development (CARITAS Kenya)
Overall Purpose of the Job: To support in evangelization through coordination and facilitation of social economic development and humanitarian interventions of the Catholic Church.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to planning, development and execution of strategy as a member of KCCB-Catholic Secretariat senior management team
- Conceptualize formulate and implement initiatives for expressing the identity, philosophy and mission of KCCB, through the Commission’s goals, within established policies
- Facilitate National-level coordination of Development and Social Services Commission’s policies and approaches for the Diocesan-level services of the Commission
- Manage donor-funded projects of the Development and Social Services Commission being implemented in the respective Dioceses
- Develop Programme & Project Proposals and source funds for approved programmes of the Commission
- Develop initiatives to facilitate KCCB’s policy advocacy and influence on national thinking on pressing issues in the Commission’s focus areas
- Prepare reports and operational plans for review and approval by Commission’s Executive Committee and plenary assembly
- Develop and run relevant Training Workshops, targeted to appropriate personnel of the respective Dioceses and Church institutions with the aim of enhancing their capacity
- Develop and sustain a strong Network of the Diocesan Coordinators and of the Diocesan Senior Technical Personnel of the Commission, by facilitating their meeting together, periodically for the purpose of joint deliberations, mutual exchanges of ideas, collective learning and internal policy harmonization within KCCB
- Facilitate optimum staff performance for consistently high organizational output in the Commission through effective supervision, objective staff appraisal, ongoing staff development and by promoting team spirit and a sense of family among the staff
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of technical reports to external stakeholders in compliance with expected reporting requirements
- Sustain and strengthen relationship of KCCB with Commission-related external bodies by facilitating collaboration, networking and linkages, pursuant to the Commission’s goals
- Maintain a comprehensive database on the various aspects of the Commission’s focus areas for purpose of advisory services to the different stakeholders of KCCB, and, in particular,
- Participate in regional and international Caritas Technical Working Groups as a representative of Kenya and KCCB.
- To perform any other work as may be assigned by Bishop or General Secretary
- To put in place processes and controls to ensure that all administrative expenses and put with budget
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Management
- Managerial/Administration skills
- MS word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint skills
- Minimum 8 years working experience in humanitarian, social development or livelihood.
- Good knowledge of technical, competency & strategic skills
- Good interpersonal & communication Skills
- Good leadership skills
- Good understanding of the Catholic Church values
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Integrity, with high degree of stewardship of resources
- Extent of carrying out duties and responsibilities in #3 above.
- Must have clear knowledge of the Social Teachings of the Church.
All applications should be made by completing the application form found on KCCB Website: www.kccb.or.ke under careers and bid
Download and send the completed form to: email@example.com
To reach him on or before 9th December 2022 at 5.00p.m.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED