CHV NEO, a mHealth trial studying the effect community-based digital communication on neonatal mortality, Essential newborn care provision and care seeking is seeking Study Retention Officers.
Objective of this Position: To conduct study duties supporting participants for an RCT study of mothers and infants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Describe the study to women attending MNCH and conduct screening with facility clients to assess interest in and eligibility for participation in the research study.
- Recruit and enroll participants into the study and other related study procedures.
- Input/Record data per approved Standard Operating Procedures in an electronic database using tablets; communicate with data manager to transfer records and maintain devices.
- Respond to patient study questions and concerns when necessary and as per the SOP and referring participants to appropriate care as needed.
- Maintain proper communication between study site and study coordinator
- Maintain adequate supplies at the study sites (for example, study forms)
- Ensure strict compliance with ethical requirements for conduct of research, privacy and confidentiality of study participants and their data including supporting the informed consent process.
- Submit summaries of recruitment and enrolment to the study coordinator and suggest any improvements to the study flow as appropriate.
- Provide support in active trading and retention of study participants in the study including home visits.
- Attend regular meetings with the Study coordinator to discuss study progress and activities
- Provide support for non-research activities at the facility.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma/Degree in social work/Community Health/ counselling psychology or a related field
- Familiar with Maternal and Child Health needs of the community
- Experience working in the community
- Interest in maternal, child and neonatal health
- At least t wo years research experience
- Excellent computer skills(Attach certificate)
- Excellent use REDCAP for data collection
- Held a previous position in Maternal and Child Health
- Excellent communication skills: Must be able to communicate regularly with study coordinator via email and Zoom
- Good organizational skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Language skills: fluency in English, Kiswahili, MUST be fluent in LUO
- Team player with ability to work closely with other study staff at the site
- Flexibility in the job location and start period.
- Ability to input data into Android Tablet.
- Must have an up to date certificate in Human Subjects.
Applications must include the following:
- CLICK HERE to complete our online application form
- Complete CV with 3 referees indicating their telephone contacts and e-mail contacts
- Relevant certificates and testimonials
If qualified for the above post, please send your CV and testimonials addressed to the Principal Investigator, CHVNeo study to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th December, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.