Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI)
Vacant Position: Safeguarding Intern
Background: Founded in 1976, Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is a global, Christian-based non-profit housing organization.
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
Our vision is A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions.
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is seeking a talented Intern to provide logistical and substantive support to rollout Safeguarding across the Africa operations.
The key responsibilities include training on safeguarding minimum standards; core safeguarding investigation skills for staff, and the development of investigation procedures for National organizations (NOs) and Branch Offices (BOs) in Africa.
Working time: approximately 40hrs per week (flexible)
Duration: 6 months
- Support review of funding proposals from a safeguarding perspective
- Promote the implementation of the safeguarding policy
- Follow up and support safeguarding commitments with National organisations (NOs) and Branch Offices (BOs)
- Support safeguarding efforts with NOs and BOs.
- Plan and execute logistics of ssafeguarding awareness programmes
- Support orientation and onboarding processes for new staff
- Assist with any administration needs in the safeguarding unit
- Minimum work experience of 1-2 years.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties with changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity and sensitivity to different cultures
- Must be computer literate and experience using MS packages including MS Outlook and Teams.
- Possess a Certificate of good conduct
- Demonstrate a commitment to HFHI values and vision
- Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves
- Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
- Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
- Bachelor’s Degree: Social Sciences: Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Gender studies
- Excellent command of English (knowledge of French will be an added advantage)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good administrative and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to work effectively with a variety of teams in a multi-cultural work environment.
Safeguarding – HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work.
Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation, and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
What we offer
- An opportunity to work in a multicultural environment even if virtually
- Opportunity to grow, learn and develop your skills while working as part of a global Safeguarding team.
How to Apply:
Candidates should send their CVs (preferred not more than 2 pages) and a cover letter (Maximum 1 page) expressing their interest via email: AFRNairobiInfo@habitat.org with Safeguarding Intern as the subject of the email.
The closing date for applications is 09th December 2022.