Career Management Centre
Job Vacancy: Communications Manager
BOMA has retained our services to recruit a Communications Manager who can combine powerful storytelling and evidence of impact to engage and motivate audiences.
As a key member of the Marketing and Development team, the Communications Manager will lead the day-to-day implementation of the organization’s communication strategy and maintain presence on social media, the website, and donor and partner communications.
They will be responsible for ensuring that all communications meet best practices in terms of relevant social media algorithms and search engine optimization while also reporting on key performance indicators.
Leading the implementation of organization’s editorial calendar
- Working alongside the Communications Director to create multi-media content as outlined in editorial calendar;
- Writing blog posts, story pitches, and other communications products highlighting Organisation’s work and impact;
- Scheduling content for distribution on social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook;
- Managing organization’s social media accounts and inboxes;
- Performing basic maintenance on the Organisation website as needed;
- Working with the Communications Director to manage and execute a segmented email marketing strategy.
Tracking and reporting on Key Performance Indicators
- Monitoring and generating reports on Key Performance Indicators including engagement, reach, post and profile performance, and growth for each of Organisation’s social media profiles;
- Monitoring and generating reports on website traffic using Google Analytics;
- Compiling time reports for the Communications Director and Chief
- Development and Marketing Manager to share progress;
- Working with the Communications Director analyse and document learnings
Communications Strategy Coordination and Support
- Support in the implementation of special communications strategies, initiatives,
- Working with the Communications Director to translate participant profiles
into compelling multi-media storytelling;
- Working with counterparts from peer organizations or funders to manage
BOMA’s presence and participation in partner communications;
- Assisting with the maintenance of general BOMA email inboxes;
- Collaborate with other BOMA departments to develop content and/or achieve
- Assisting the Communications Director with ensuring that all communications
and marketing material aligns with brand standards;
- Working with the Communications Director to perform media outreach to
achieve brand placement in publications;
- Using BOMA’s branding and imagery to design compelling email, social, and
other content for distribution to donors, partners, and more;
- Maintaining digital media archives including photos and videos;
- Maintaining updated contact lists and segments in MailChimp.
Content collection in the Field
- Working with BOMA’s programs and logistics teams to plan and execute trips to the field in order to document BOMA’s work and collect participant testimony; act as a liaison between program and communications activities;
- Working with the Communications Director to identify and develop multi-media stories for broader distribution in line with BOMA’s editorial calendar and other objectives;
- Collecting content for partner or funder communications and reporting as needed;
- Collecting photo and video content for use on social media and in other communications;
- Reviewing collected content for accuracy and quality;
- Translating the collected content for multiple platforms and audiences.
- Supporting the Communications Director and Chief Development and Marketing Officer with coordinating and conducting media visits;
- Working with the Communications Director to produce an updated press kit, ensure the kit is kept up to date;
- Maintaining a media list;
- Engaging and working with journalists, photographers, and filmmakers;
- Creating new media contacts for BOMA;
- Pitching stories to media and support journalists, photographers and filmmakers in story development as needed;
- Training the staff on how to speak to the media;
- Working with BOMA staff and leadership team to draft talking points and prepare for planned media engagements as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism or a related discipline
- 7+ progressive years work experience with 2 years in a similar role – managing a communications function.
- Impeccable writing and editorial skills
- Knowledge of WordPress preferred;
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.);
- Experience with social media management across multiple platforms;
- Occasional travel to remote areas and other operational areas of implementation.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject as “Communications Manager” by COB 3rd February 2023.
Due to the urgency, application will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Career Management Centre is a proud equal opportunity agency and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.
Career Management Centre is a Human Resources Management Consulting firm that offers comprehensive HR Services including Recruitment, Job Evaluation, Training, Payroll Outsourcing, Labor Compliance, Engagement surveys, Staffing Solutions & HRMS to businesses both at a strategic and operational level (https://careermanagementcentre.com/). We firmly believe that HR is the nucleus of any
organization irrespective of any size or industry.