Junior Social Media Manager
Jiji is the largest online marketplace with over 10 million visitors on our site and 5 million active ads.
We have been recognized as the best classifieds twice in a row with the highest visibility and returns on our different categories and services.
Our site has continuously gained trust among Kenyans enabling us to be the Mobile App of the Year | Shopping and E- commerce in Kenya.
We have had a tremendous impact among our buyers and sellers which has positively contributed to their growth.
As the Junior Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for developing interesting contents centered around improving Jiji as Kenya’s No.1 online marketplace and also engaging our customers on our social media.
The following are duties you will be responsible for:
- Research relevant topics that fit the Jiji audience
- Come up with rubrics and content for all social media channels
- Work with trends in media content and find insights for creative campaigns
- Setting key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs
We believe that you will succeed better if you possess the following:
- Critical thinking and strong ability to analyze information: interest in learning trends, find out opinions, work with forums, media and social platforms
- Ability to generate creative ideas
- BSc degree in Digital Marketing, Journalism and Advertising
- Job experience in digital marketing and content creation
- Proficiency in different social media scheduling and analytical tools
We generally offer a vibrant culture, great work ambiance, super intelligent workforce in a fun working environment to harness the power of innovation.
We care a lot about our employees.
It’s obvious that for efficient work you need to stay in favorable working conditions.
That’s why we offer you the following benefits:
- Compensation – A competitive salary above market rate
- Global Exposure – Jiji is a global company and this role reports directly to a team in Ukraine where you will learn new skills in social media moderation
- Personal development – You will be exposed to top notch moderation software relevant in the social media space
- Internet and data facilitation – The nature of your job requires you to be online majority of the time. Jiji will facilitate quality laptops and postpaid data so you always see customers’ engagement real time
- It’s not all work – We have monthly TGIF, Staff Transport, no dress code, Beautiful office outdoors where you can change scenery to break monotony
To start this conversation
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of your email.
We look forward to speaking with you more about this opportunity.