Social Media Moderator
Jiji is the largest online marketplace with over 10 million visitors on our site and 5 million active ads.
We have been recognized as the best classifieds twice in a row with the highest visibility and returns on our different categories and services.
Our site has continuously gained trust among Kenyans enabling us to be the Mobile App of the Year | Shopping and E-commerce in Kenya.
We have had a tremendous impact among our buyers and sellers which has positively contributed to their growth.
As the Social Media Moderator, you will offer support to our Social Media team in timely engagement with our online audience.
The following are duties you will be responsible for:
- Timely response to comments and messages on our social platforms ∙
- Offer support to whole social media team in handling Jiji social media platforms
- Suggesting creative ways to capture attention of our online audience through incorporating trends to enhance our brand awareness
- Respond to comments and messages in creative ways that will build meaningful connections and encourage our online audience to take action
- Any other duties assigned to you from time to time
We believe that you will succeed better if you possess the following:
- 1-year experience as a Social Media Moderator
- Excellent command of writing and communication skills in English and Swahili
- Knowledge in the use of any platform for social media moderation e.g. Napoleon Cat, Mobile Monkey, Meltwater etc. will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate knowledge in various social media platforms and social analytics tools
- Keen attention to detail, positive attitude and multitasking skill
- Diploma/ Degree in any field related to communications
We generally offer a vibrant culture, great work ambiance, and a super intelligent workforce in a fun working environment to harness the power of innovation.
We care a lot about our employees.
It’s obvious that for efficient work you need to stay in favorable working conditions.
That’s why we offer you the following benefits:
- Compensation – A competitive salary above market rate
- Global Exposure – Jiji is a global company and this role reports directly to a team in Ukraine where you will learn new skills in social media moderation
- Personal development – You will be exposed to top notch moderation software relevant in the social media space
- Internet and data facilitation – The nature of your job requires you to be online majority of the time. Jiji will facilitate quality laptops and postpaid data so you always see customers’ engagement real time
- It’s not all work – We have monthly TGIF, no dress code, Beautiful office outdoors where you can change scenery to break monotony
To start this conversation
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of your email.
We look forward to speaking with you more about this opportunity.