Kentegra Pyrethrum Company Limited located in Nakuru is looking to recruit a Farm Assistant Manager.
This position will be based in Lanet.
The key responsibilities for this role include:-
- Support the Nursery Manager in day to day running of nursery operations.
- Support in planning and implementing flower production strategies.
- Preparation of staff payrolls and updating all operations and financial records.
- Maintain and update all farm inventories.
- Coordinate store operations and ensure stock taking is up to date.
- Plans and supervise all farm activities including planting, weeding, harvesting.
- Examine and scout for pests and diseases in the field and implementing the appropriate measures
- Ensure efficient labor utilization, hours and performance.
- Train the field staff on all farm operations.
- Oversee the implementation of safety and health standards in the nursery.
- Inspect farm buildings and equipment, ensuring routine maintenance is carried out and repairs are made when necessary.
- Resolves any conflicts or issues among the field staff to their satisfaction.
- Ensures that field staff adhere to the set farm standard operating procedures.
Qualifications, skills and work experience required for this role:-
- Proven experience in a busy farm.
- Ability to manage a large team of farm casuals.
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills.
- Experience in reporting skills.
- Excellent analytical, creative and presentation skills.
- Excellent decision making and organizational skills.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Motivated and self-driven.
- Proficiency in MS Office and database skills.
- Proficiency with field data collection tools and systems.
Please apply only if you fulfil these requirements, please email your application as one word/pdf
document with the title Farm Assistant Manager to email@example.com by 28th January 2023.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.