Job Title: Pharmaceutical Technologists
Location: Nairobi, Mombasa, Thika, Eldoret, Nakuru, Kisumu
Start Date: Immediately
In response to the changing demands for quality and cost effective treatment, we need to recruit pharmaceutical technologists.
- Prepare medications by reviewing and interpreting doctors’ orders, detecting therapeutic incompatibilities
- Dispense medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals Control medications by monitoring drug therapies, advising interventions
- Provide pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Protect patients and technicians by adhering to infection control protocols.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Prepare medicine when appropriate using the correct dosages and material for each individual patient
- Keep records of patient history and of all activities regarding refilling medication
- Keep abreast of advancements in medicine by attending conferences and seminars and collaborating with other healthcare professionals
- Comply with all applicable legal rules regulations, and procedures
- Ensure that treatments are compatible with the medication issued Check dosage and ensure that medicines are correctly and safely supplied and labeled
- Supervise the preparation of any medicines (not all are supplied ready made-up by the manufacturer) Keep a register of controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes
- Liaise with doctors about prescriptions Sell over-the-counter medicines
- Advise patients of any adverse side effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments
Qualifications & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy / Pharmacology or any other relevant degree from a recognized institution.
- Registration and Licensed with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
- Customer friendly
- Ability to multitask
- Proven experience as a pharmaceutical technologist.
- Thorough understanding of dosage administration and measurement, chemical compounds, medical brands, etc.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and Pharmacy information systems
- Good organization skills
- Excellent communication skills with a customer-oriented approach Integrity and compassion
How to Apply
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever-growing brand, kindly send your CV and Professional Certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 3rd 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.