Job Title: Systems Maintenance Engineers
Location: Nairobi, Mombasa, Thika, Eldoret, Nakuru, Kisumu
Start Date: Immediately,
We are looking for system maintenance engineers who will be responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery in our laboratories.
Using computerized systems, the engineers will oversee routine maintenance and organize repairs.
They will also be involved with control and monitoring devices and occasionally in the manufacture of items that will help in maintenance.
Your role is vital to the efficiency, development and progress of our laboratories.
Working with other professionals, the engineers will improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of our equipment.
As a maintenance engineer, you’ll need to:
- Design maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Carry out routine maintenance work and respond to equipment faults
- Diagnose breakdown problems
- Fit new parts and make sure equipment is working correctly
- Carry out quality inspections on jobs
- Liaise with client departments, customers and other laboratory technologists
- Arrange specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Control maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Deal with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Improve health and safety policies and procedures
- Work with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Write maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines
- Ensure there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Civil Engineering, Medical Technology, Applied Physics (Electronics and Instrumentation), Mechatronic Engineering or any other relevant degree from a recognized institution.
- Registration certificates from relevant regulatory bodies
- Ability to read system schematics.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of safety and equipment procedures.
- Good communication and training skills.
- Ability to work with heavy equipment.
How to Apply
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly send your CV and Professional Certificates to email@example.com by February 3rd 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.