Job Vacancy: Baker
Terms of Service: 1-year Contract (renewable on satisfactory performance)
Job Posting: March 2023
Who are we?
Named after the beautiful, ancient, iconic cattle breed of East Africa, the Ankole Watusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak – house experience!
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
Main Purpose & Scope the Job: The Baker will be responsible for preparing breads, cakes, pastries and other general items made of flours of the highest quality in terms of freshness, taste, and consistency, with strict adherence to food and health guidelines and in accordance with Ankole Grill policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Ensuring strict adherence to the recipes and appropriate processes while making the various products.
- Mixing and baking ingredients according to recipes.
- Check the quality of the ingredients and make sure the equipment is working properly.
- Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
- Ensuring that all products are always baked on time for quick, efficient and quality service.
- Ensure that the highest hygiene standards are maintained in the work area.
- To ensure minimal wastage at the baking process and that all costs are strictly controlled.
- Ensure that the equipment and machines are maintained in a sound serviceable condition at all times and that no malfunctioning occurs due to negligence. This includes routine daily physical examination as necessary as well as liaising with the supervisor to ensure that they are serviced as scheduled when due.
- Have knowledge of the safety rules and cleaning procedures of equipment used to avoid damaging them or causing injuries.
- Operating the oven and ensuring that the baked products are of good quality.
- Inspect baked goods to ensure they are of the highest quality and remove any damaged items.
- In addition to the above, the Baker may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
- Diploma or certificate in food production with specialization in pastry, bread and cake baking and exotic desserts
- HACCP and hygiene training
- Practical baking skills
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and dough sheeters
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Able to work under pressure and long hours
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming habits.
- Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness
- Knowledgeable about the culinary industry.
- Be open to working flexible shifts and on weekends and holidays.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include passport picture, current, expected salary and notice period with your CV.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.