Our Client requires us to fill the following position for a new project in one of the Islands in the British Indian Ocean Territory.
Position: Certified Arborist
Description of Job Task and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of trees including safe removal of dead or unwanted branches, diagnosing, and treating diseased trees, and other actions to promote trees health.
- May instruct others as to which trees to be treated, branches to be pruned and what applications to be used.
- Repairs, cables, fertilizes, waters, and prunes trees and other woody plants; removes dead, diseased, or declining trees and woody plants.
- Plants and transplants woody plants to include hole preparation, backfilling, staking, pruning, watering, and mulching.
- Recognizes disease and insect problems of trees and woody plants and applies appropriate treatments.
- May assist in various maintenance activities as required.
- Maintains records of work performed.
- May lead, guide, and train staff performing related work as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Assists in maintaining tree inventory records.
- Identifies potentially hazardous trees and other tree-related problems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Basic Job Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of tree maintenance and arboriculture.
- Knowledge of pesticides and their application; thorough knowledge of the safety precautions of the trade.
- Must have Skills in the use of equipment of the trade including power and hand tools; ability to identify tree species, common insects and diseases; ability to plan, lay out and supervise the work of others; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
- Must have knowledge of Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Must have good oral and written communication skills which enable to effectively liaise with clients, other departments within the organization, subcontractors and clients, and report directly to the Senior Management.
- Particular attention to details, good project management skills.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must be contract oriented and computer literate in Microsoft Office and Office and GIS software.
- Must have a valid and be able to obtain Non-Pro or Professional driver’s license with restriction code of at least 2.
Job Specifications: Special Certifications or Training
- Must have passed an extensive examination covering all facets of arboriculture by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) as a Certified Arborist.
- Registered Professional Forester licensed by the Government of Nationality is preferred.
- Must have bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Horticulture, or Urban Forestry or closely related field, based on a four-year course of study from an accredited university or college; with U.S. equivalence for non-U.S. Citizen is highly desired
- Must have a minimum of three years’ full-time experience working in the professional tree care industry.
- The Arborist Certification Shall Be Used For All Tree Pruning Evolutions.
Only candidates with valid passports are encouraged to apply.
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications to send their CV, to email@example.com, and clearly indicating the position on the email subject line.
Please note the advert will be closed on 22nd March 2023 at 5pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For your application to be considered please adhere to the above instructions