World Vision East Africa Regional Office
Job Advert: Finance Intern
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
The East Africa Regional Office, operating in nine countries of East Africa namely; Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda is looking for a Finance intern to work in its Nairobi office.
The Finance intern will be exposed to a real industry experience from the academic learning gained in school.
This internship is a 12 months’ talent incubation program aiming to give a young Christian graduate real work experience, personal, spiritual and professional development through on-job mentorship and coaching.
The intern will be exposed to processing supplier payments, preparing cash advances and staff refunds, filing both physical documents and soft copies.
This program is designed for Kenyan graduates who are daring and ready to take up stretch assignments to learn and serve the most vulnerable children and the communities they live in.
The intern will learn and support the Finance department to:
- Prepare all approved refunds and advance for both Hosted and local staff.
- Book all cash deposits related to Concur expenses for the staff
- In charge of maintaining journal reference series.
- Assisting in processing staff supplier payments
- Any other duties assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Any professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Computer literate (MS word & excel and other accounting software)
Must have graduated not earlier than June 2022
- We are looking for a person who:
- Demonstrates Christ-centered life and work
- Demonstrates personal integrity and trustworthiness
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Languages: Excellent oral and written English.
A small stipend will be offered for the position. Kindly send applications to Earo_recruit@wvi.org indicating the job title “Finance Internship 2023” as the email subject by close of business on Wednesday 29th March 2023.