Our Client, in the manufacturing sector seeks to recruit a HR & Administration Manager.
The Human Resources & Admin Manager is responsible for all aspects of the human resources and administration function within the organization.
The job holder will be responsible for staffing, recruiting, retention, performance, employee relations, compensation, compliance, individual development and succession planning.
The incumbent ensures that HR initiatives are aligned with organization mission, values and long-term business strategy, and that they support the evolving HR needs of the organization.
The overall objective of the position is to support the development and retention of a high-performance work force, a learning culture and ensure optimal administration function.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Supervise the HR Functions of the company through the HR Team.
- Contract management of labour outsourcing agencies
- Coordination of training needs identification, implementation of training programs and evaluation
- Employee relations
- To give the necessary directions to the HR team in all issues related to Employee relations and communicating with employees.
- To interact and keep a healthy relationship and dialogue with Workers’ representatives and trade unions.
- Rules and Regulations
- To review the internal rules and regulations and the related management circulars on a regular basis and advise the Managing Director.
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of the Human Resource Information System
- Supervision of Performance appraisals
- Implement and supervise of Staff welfare activities (e.g. medical services)
- Supervise the activities of the Security team and advise the management in matters relating to company safety and security.
- Actively participate in the Management Systems Development, Establishment, Implementation, Evaluation and Improvement in the company.
- Quality Management Systems
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Environment Management System
- Supervision of the Secretarial and administrative support team
- Seek legal advice when necessary and follow up on litigation with the company lawyer.
- Ensure that all health insurance claims are handled in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements in communicating with the Registrar of Companies are fulfilled in time-Company Secretarial functions in conjunction with Finance.
- Preparation of Contracts with third parties: tenants, outsourced services, utility companies, city council etc. Communication with tenants regarding lease agreements, any communal or specific issues relevant to them and follow up on rent collections in association with Finance Department.
- Timely fulfilment of all licensing and permit requirements from various government agencies, including registration and updating of trademarks.
- Ensure that the relevant work permits and visa requirements of expatriate staff are met in time in accordance with the national laws.
- Public relations in all its relevant forms including government organs, city council, district authorities, security agencies, emergency services, and the Press in association with the related functional heads in the company.
- Communication, Teamwork
- Communicates in an open way with Colleagues & Subordinates
-with the Superior o Conducting timely working party/team meetings
- Effective Team participation
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or a related field from a recognized
- Minimum 5 years in handling the head office functions of a company, including HR.
- Minimum 2 years of senior management experience
- Knowledge of ISO QMS
- Certified Human Resources Practitioner (CHRP)
- Registration with the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM – Kenya)
Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical skills with a result-oriented mind-set
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision
- Proven problem-solving skills and knowledge of conflict management
- Excellent negotiation skills
How to Apply:
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with HR & Administration Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.
Applications should be submitted on or before Monday 27th March, 2023