KEMRI / University of Washington (UW)
Job Announcement: Assistant Data Manager
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) in collaboration with the University of Washington (UW) is conducting research studies in Kenya.
The KEMRI / UW research collaboration aims to conduct interdisciplinary, setting-specific research aimed at improving the lives of women and children in Kenya.
Specifically, our research strives to understand various infectious diseases afflicting these populations and testing interventions.
The KEMRI/UW team seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to fill in the following positions:
Assistant Data Manager
Job Group KMR/7
Location: Migori County Referral Hospital
The Assistant Data Manager will assist the Data Manager to supervise and manage all data entry staff and field workers as related to data collection and management issues.
S/he will perform data quality checks and resolve any issues that arise, communicate with the laboratory staff as related to lab data, field staff and clinicians in order to resolve errors.
The assistant data manager will also perform analyses that highlight relationships or be able to interpret such analysis to investigators, attend and participate in regularly scheduled management meetings/discussions and implement actions points as necessary and relevant to the management of data.
The ADM will be required to have the ability to develop an in-depth understanding of study goals and its implementation.
- The primary responsibility is to assist the site Data Manager in data management of all studies
- Assist in the design and implementation of SOPs, CRFs and Databases
- Support site staff in data entry and management
- Conduct continued data quality checks as described in the respective Data Management SOPs and come up with ways of solving issues arising from this
- Keep an updated data query log for queries and inconsistencies identified during data checks.
- As per assessment of the data query log, gauge training needs of study staff and play an active role in the training on issues identified.
- In liaison with the Data Manager, advice administration on policy issues affecting data management.
- Respond to any data queries sent in by the Central Coordinating team.
- In liaison with the Data Manager, ensure safety and security of IT equipment on site as well as allocation to respective staff.
- Ensure necessary technologies are available and accessible to study staff i.e. laptops, netbooks, tablets and internet.
- Coordinate the movement of participant files and data collection tools and equipment between the clinic rooms and the study office.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic study reports
- Assist with quality assurance and quality control of study data.
- Ensure compliance to Good Clinical Practices (GCP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and
- Human Subjects throughout study implementation
- Attend leadership calls as specified
- Perform other duties that may be assigned during implementation of the protocols
- Uphold the mission and vision of KEMRI/UW Organization
- A diploma in statistics / Biostatistics, Computer Science, Information Technology or any relevant course.
- At least 2 years’ experience in data entry/data management.
- Training and experience in database management platforms such as REDCap, Survey CTO, Access and statistical packages such as R, STATA, SPSS, Excel.
- Demonstrated analysis, communication, interpersonal, report writing and presentation skills.
- Proactive, creative, systematic thinker and problem-solver.
- Flexibility in intercountry travel will be an added advantage.
- Research experience will be an added advantage.
- IT skills including hardware, software and networks added advantage
- Strong leadership & supervision skills
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task
- Be a team player
- Highly detail oriented
The candidate should be willing to take initiative and improve data management systems based on well thought out and tested trials and have the ability to work under pressure.
Terms of Employment:
One-year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI salary scales.
If you meet the above requirements, please follow the following link to complete the application form:
Assistant Data Manager – Google Forms
then send an application letter with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience and the full-time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 professional referees and copies of certificates and testimonials to Email address: email@example.com to reach us by Friday 24th March 2023 at 5.00 p.m.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY. PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.