Position: Study Roving Nurse
(1 Post to be Rotating in Kisumu, Homabay and Siaya)
Job Purpose: The study nurses will be responsible for conducting duties for an RCT study of WLHIV in the specific facilities within those selected Counties.
He/she will directly report to the study coordinator.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Discuss study procedures and conduct screening with facility clients to assess interest in and eligibility for participation in the research study.
- Perform the informed consent processes, obtain written and/or verbal consent for research procedures and document the consent process as needed.
- Input/Record data per approved Standard Operating Procedures in an electronic database using tablets; communicate with data manager to transfer records and maintain devices.
- Respond to patient SMS communication daily and as per the SOP and referring participants to appropriate care as needed.
- Update SMS system with participant information
- Maintain proper communication between study site, study coordinator and Study Principal Investigator (PI).
- Maintain adequate supplies at the study sites (for example, study forms)
- Submit daily summary of study progress to the study coordinator, Study (PI) or co-Investigators and suggest any improvements to the study procedures as appropriate
- Ensure strict compliance with ethical requirements for conduct of research, privacy and confidentiality of study participants and their data.
- Submit summaries of recruitment and enrolment to the study coordinator
- Attend regular meetings with the study PI and/or Study coordinator to discuss study progress and activities
- Provide support for non-research activities at the facility.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
- Must be registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Must have a minimum of a Diploma in Nursing.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in maternal and child health.
- Must have at least 2 years’ research experience
- Must have experience in REDCAP/ODK
- MUST be fluent in Luo
- Must be trained in Human Subjects protection /Good Clinical Practice
- Must have excellent computer skills (Attach computer training certificate)
- Excellent communication skills: Must be able to communicate to the study participants well and with PI via email and Skype
- Team player with ability to work closely with other study staff at the site
- Flexibility in the job location and start period.
Applications MUST include the following:
- Completed online application form (available here)
- Complete CV with 2 referees indicating their telephone contacts and e-mail contacts
- Relevant certificates and testimonials
- Valid Practicing License
If qualified for the above post, please send your application addressed to the Principal Investigator, Mwach-Empower study.
If qualified for the above post, please send your CV and testimonials to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd March 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.