Our client in the Telecommunications sector seeks to recruit a Zonal Sales Manager to be based in Kakamega.
Job Purpose: To sell and manage the distribution of communication products and services (Airtime, SIM Cards, Mobile Financial Services & Devices) to resellers and distributors within the assigned territory.
The role needs to identify and facilitate optimisation of opportunities to drive sales as maximally and as efficiently as possible within the assigned territory.
- Achieve the Sales (Revenue) targets of the Territory – both Mobile & MFS
- Achieve Customer Base targets via acquisition drives
- Drive Channel Specific Agenda in line with Company targets – ASOs, SSOs, Agencies.
- Achieve Site Profitability targets within the Territory via Site-based activities & programs.
- Oversee & drive the people capability agenda across all levels – TDRs, DSAs, Commandoes.
- Ensure customer expectations regarding standard of services & product knowledge are met, both in Stores & in Partners stores
- Monitor the activities of competition and to prepare counter action plans.
- Prepare and submit reports as required.
Deliverable for this role
- Partner management – ensuring channel partners are engaged and effectively driving brands on the ground.
- Sales targets – Delivering assigned sales targets on revenues, airtime, gross additions, data and devices.
- Field agents &Partner team management (DSAs, Commandoes) – managing teams output as per business objectives.
- Visibility – ensuring partners outlets, trade and general market visibility
- Availability – ensuring availability of products & services within the markets/areas.
- Reports – sharing reports as required.
Qualifications- Academic and Professional
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in sales and distribution role in Telco/FMCG
- Customer focus
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Networking and building partnerships
- Analytical thinking
- Sales management
- Route to market management
- Planning and organisation
How to Apply:
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their application letter, Expected salary and detailed CVs with a day– time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Zonal Sales Manager-Kakamega on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.
Applications must be submitted on or before Wednesday 22nd March,2023.