|February 16, 2024
|March 8, 2024
|Ruiru, Kiambu County, Kenya
JOB TITLE: ADMIN ASSISTANT
NATURE OF JOB: FULL TIME
SALARY: KSH 30,000 - 35,000
JOB LOCATION: RUIRU
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including command of the English language
- Must be independent and be able to work proactively
- Basic accounting skills
- Great attitude, open to learning, self-driven/starter and customer focus
- Proficiency in Written and spoken English
- Responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to conferences, workshops and meetings. Makes relevant hotel reservations,
- Responsible for ensuring strict adherence to set policies under the overall finance and administration guidelines for the office.
- Develop and maintain administration systems, Maintain and coordinate Office documentation and information with confidentiality for orderly and easy access to documents/filing system in readiness for external and internal audit requirement.
- Coordinate Satellite office vehicle(s) ensure that vehicles are periodically scheduled for maintenance and always have valid insurance cover.
- Responsible for coordinating travel for office staff, volunteers and visitors by making relevant travel arrangements.
- Responsible for ensuring that Plan travel policies and procedures are well understood and followed at Office.
- Oversee provision of cleaning services, ensuring proper maintenance and cleanliness of the offices.
- Coordinate all procurement activities for Office and ensure compliance to policies guidelines and regulations.
- Produce timely and accurate logistics reporting to the Integrated Senior Project Coordinator. Oversee the office stores management, asset/inventory control.
- Maintain an updated office asset register including safe custody of all organizations’ assets, maintaining their purchase contracts, ownership documents after sale service contracts and undertaking periodical physical stock takes.
- Ensure transparency and integrity in the procurement processes in line with Plan policies and guidelines;
- Receive, review procurement requests and source using appropriate procurement method.
- Analyze bids and recommend selected vendor for approval;
- Prepare and facilitate issuance of approved LPOs to vendors and follow ups to ensure quality delivery of goods and/or services.
- Liaise with the requesters to ensure goods and services requested are received on time and the necessary documentation satisfactorily done (goods received notes/invoices etc.);
- Process payment as applicable and ensure documentation is submitted to Finance in a timely manner
- Keep proper and an up to date filing system for all procurement documents;
- Update and share the weekly procurement tracker
Key Requirements - Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, procurement and logistics, supply chain management or another related field.
- 1-year relevant experience in administration, logistics, procurement, or HR preferably in a similar position in an NGO.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and team player
- Good team management and supervisory skills
- Excellent office management skills
- IT/computer skills
- Knowledge of filing and general record keeping
- Pro-active and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail
- Telephone operation skills
- Hands on experience and skills in an Enterprise Resource Planning e.g. SAP
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV urgently to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title as the subject line on your email
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.