|Published||September 15, 2023|
|Expires||October 29, 2023|
|Category||Education and Training|
Job Title: Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
Reports to: Managing Director/CEO
Location: Head Office
Our client, a distinguished education institution, is actively seeking a visionary Chief
Finance Officer (CFO) to join their leadership team. In this instrumental role, the CFO will
drive financial leadership and management of the institution's financial operations,
ensuring unwavering fiscal responsibility, and steadfastly supporting the institution's
overarching mission and strategic objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Financial Strategy and Planning: Develop and execute a comprehensive
financial strategy aligned with the institution's mission and goals. Collaborate with
executive leadership and the Board of Directors to provide financial guidance
and recommendations. Forecast financial trends and assess the impact of
strategic decisions on the institution's financial health.
2. Financial Policies: To supervise and coordinate the development and
implementation of policies, procedures, and systems for all financial support
services throughout the company.
3. Financial Reporting: Oversee the preparation of accurate and timely financial
reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and
financial projections. Responsible for preparing and presenting financial reports
to the board of directors, executive leadership, and other stakeholders while
ensuring compliance with financial reporting standards and regulations.
4. Financial Analysis: Analyze financial data to identify trends, opportunities, and
areas of concern, provide insights into the company's financial performance, and
use financial analysis to guide strategic decision-making and long-term planning.
5. Budgeting: Lead the annual budgeting process, working closely with department
heads and heads of schools to develop budgetary goals and targets. Monitor
budget performance, identify variances, and implement corrective actions as
necessary. Optimize resource allocation to achieve institutional objectives
6. Financial Risk Management: Identify and assess financial risks, such as investment
strategies, market fluctuations, and regulatory changes. Develop risk mitigation
strategies and financial contingency plans. Maintain a comprehensive
understanding of the institution's financial risk profile.
7. Investment Management: Manage the institution's investment by sourcing and
evaluating investment opportunities, managing the existing portfolio, and
recommending prudent investment decisions and resource allocation to
maximize returns while minimizing risk.
8. Financial Compliance: Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements,
financial laws, regulations, and reporting requirements. Oversee audits and work
with external auditors to maintain financial transparency and accountability.
9. Tax Planning and Compliance: Ensuring compliance with statutory tax laws and
regulations is paramount. The CFO will be responsible for the development and
management of the company's tax strategy ensuring it is aligned with the
company's overall financial objectives. He/ She will oversee the accurate and
timely preparation and filing of tax returns and ensure the company is fully tax compliant.
10. Treasury and Cash Management: Manage cash flow, optimize liquidity, and
oversee banking relationships. Monitor and forecast cash requirements to ensure
11. Leadership and Team Management: Lead and develop a high-performing
finance team, fostering a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
Mentor and coach finance staff, promoting professional growth and
• Financial Acumen
• Strategic Planning
• Risk Management
• Leadership & Ethical Conduct
• Compliance & Regulation
• Relationship & Stakeholder Management
• Board Reporting Skills
• Time management
• A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related
• CPA (K) holder and a member of ICPAK in good standing
• Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
• At least 10 years of experience in finance/accounting and a minimum of 5 years’
experience in a senior financial leadership role within a complex organization.
• Strong financial acumen and analytical skills, with a track record of strategic
financial planning and budget management.
• In-depth knowledge of financial regulations, accounting principles, and best
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey
complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
• Exceptional leadership and team management abilities.
• Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive, results-oriented approach.
• Demonstrated integrity and ethical behaviour in financial management.
• Practical experience in board reporting, creating and presenting reports to the
company’s board of directors in a timely manner.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are a visionary finance leader ready to drive change in the education sector, please application by 5 p.m. Friday 29th Sept 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted