|Published||September 15, 2023|
|Expires||September 30, 2023|
|Location||Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya|
Job Title: HR and Procurement Officer - Kenya
Background: SoCha is contract support USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) staff and stakeholders to be more, efficient, effective, transparent, inclusive, and skilled in achieving development outcomes, through the USAID /KEA Localization, Inclusion and Sustainability (LISA) Activity.
Enhancing USAID/KEA’s organizational project design; programming; Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) practices; diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) objectives, and mission-wide localization efforts through LISA is critical to ensure the Mission’s Country.
Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and Regional Development Cooperation Strategy (RDCS) are implemented with a heightened focus on working with local partners.
Elevating local voices and co-developing and co-creating our programs with local partners, including marginalized populations, girls and women, and youth, is key to the Mission and Agency’s priorities.
To support the work of LISA, SoCha is seeking a qualified HR& Procurement Officer.
Scope of Work: The HR & Procurement Officer will report to the HR & Admin Specialist and Procurement Specialist.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, Business Management, Business Administration, Economics, or any related field.
- Three or more years ‘experience in Human Resource and Procurement.
- Strong knowledge in Non-governmental, Not-for-profit organizational operations.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal relations skills.
Employee Records Management:
- Maintain and update employee records, including personal and employment information.
- Ensure compliance with record-keeping requirements and data confidentiality.
- Supporting the implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Assist with benefits enrollment, changes, and inquiries.
- Collaborate with HR team to address employee benefit-related concerns.
General HR Support:
- Respond to employee inquiries and direct them to the appropriate HR team members.
- Support onboarding of new hires.
Purchase Order Processing:
- Assist in creating and processing purchase orders.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Maintain vendor information, including contact details and contracts.
- Assist in evaluating vendor performance and compliance.
- Assist in tracking and recording office inventory.
- Coordinate with relevant departments to replenish stock as needed.
- Monitor and record procurement-related expenses.
- Assist in reconciling invoices and resolving discrepancies.
Documentation and Compliance:
- Filling of all procurement documents
- Support the development of project budgets and provide input on HR and procurement related costs.
- Participate in project team meetings and provide updates on HR and procurement activities.
- Support other administrative functions, as needed.
Location: The HR and Procurement officer will be based in Nairobi, with occasional travel within the country.
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Applications close on 29th September 2023.
Application will be reviewed on a rolling basis.