|February 8, 2024
|February 29, 2024
|Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
|Communication and Media
Jiji is the largest online marketplace with over 10 million visitors on our site and 5 million active ads. We have been recognized as the best classifieds twice in a row with the highest visibility and returns on our different categories and services.
Our site has continuously gained trust among Kenyans enabling us to be the “Mobile App of the Year | Shopping and E-commerce” in Kenya. We have had a tremendous impact on our buyers and sellers, positively contributing to their growth.
We’re looking for a Junior PR Manager who will be responsible for handling all aspects of PR activities, planned publicity, and marketing campaigns in Kenya.
The following are the duties you’ll be responsible for:
- Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies
- Get regular free media coverage and follow industry trends
- Track performance of campaigns and activations by key metrics
- Collaborate with other team members in the PR and Marketing department
- Lead execution of local marketing campaigns, activities, and projects including gatekeeping of brand assets like merch and other materials
- Organize, attend PR events, and serve as company spokesman
- Build positive relationships with stakeholders, media, and the public
- Edit and update different kinds of content to match brand guidelines
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorship, and advertising
- Prepare monthly reports on tasks done against objectives
We believe that you’ll succeed better if you possess the following:
- Degree/Diploma in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing
- 1 year and above experience as a PR officer, marketing officer or account manager with a busy advertising agency
- Established professional relationships with media agencies in Kenya
- Superb communication, presentation, writing, and reporting skills
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work well under pressure and multitask
- Project and budget management skills
- Integrity and professionalism
- Understanding social media and experience working with bloggers would be a plus
We generally offer a vibrant culture, great work ambiance, and a super-intelligent workforce in a fun working environment to harness the power of innovation. We care a lot about our employees. It’s important that to work efficiently, you need to stay in favorable working conditions.
That’s why we offer you the following benefits:
- Compensation – a competitive retainer plus bonus based on monthly targets
- Clear career path for strategic leadership – growth opportunity to be able to lead and shape the PR strategy for our organization, influencing our brand image and communication initiatives at a strategic level
- Innovative culture – thrive in our innovative and forward-thinking culture, where your creative ideas and strategic thinking will be embraced and supported
- Networking opportunities – build a strong professional network through regular industry events, conferences, and networking opportunities, enhancing both your personal and professional growth
- Global impact – contribute to our global presence and make a difference on a large scale as you manage PR efforts that resonate with audiences worldwide
TO START THIS CONVERSATION
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of your email. We look forward to speaking with you more about this opportunity!