SME Head – SimbaNET
|Published||May 25, 2023|
|Expires||June 29, 2023|
|Location||Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya|
|Category||ICT and Technology|
Job Title: SME Head
Effective Date: Immediately
Business Unit: SimbaNET COM Ltd
Report to: Managing Director
Annual Targets: TBA BY HOD
1. Supervisory Role
- He/she will supervise the team of all the verticals under SME Business
- He/she will guide & discuss daily, weekly and monthly business plan of the team.
- He /She will ensure the execution of monthly plans for number
- Ensure timely and complete daily, weekly & monthly reports of the team.
- Write regular reports for management’s update & Review.
- Analyze all the reports regularly and take appropriate steps to correct the gaps if there is any and push the team to work in set direction
3. Business Analysis & Review
- Regularly analyze the business and trends.
- He/she will suggest solutions to the day-to-day challenges team is facing in the market.
- In case of major deviation in the trend/business/target achievement, he will update management on time and suggest if some major decision is to be taken to arrest the situation
4. Market Share:
- As an owner of the business, he/she is responsible for the Market Share of the organization.
He/he will write a strategy document with the help of the MD to capture the leadership position, which will include but not limited to planning 4C strategy (Combing, Combating, Capturing and Consolidating).
5. Data Bank:
- Collect & create data bank of all the SMEs and potential customers in the country.
- Generate the plans to penetrate in upcountry and less represented areas.
6. New Products & Services:
- A major responsibility of SH is to continuously identify, review, modify and repackage the current products and services to suit the requirement of the customer.
- Identify the need for new products & services required to meet the market demand and update to management.
7. New Business Opportunities
- He/she will attend conferences, get together and other public events to increase network for Simbanet.
- He/she will read the tenders, call government officials, NGOs, Schools, Hotels and all other opportunities to explore business possibilities.
8. Targets & achievements
- He/She is the owner of the business target & achievement of SME-division. He will ensure weekly, monthly and yearly delivery of the revenue, numbers and P&L.
9. Business Promotion
- He/She is expected to work closely with the Product manager & Marketing team to run business promotions to boost the sales and generate awareness about Simbanet from time to time.
- He shall suggest, organize, explore and participate in all such activities.
- He will motivate the team to come out with innovative ideas to generate awareness and promote business
10. Employees Turnover
- He/She will participate in the identification, recruiting, training and placing the right peoplefor right job with his/her function area
- He shall guide team to optimum productivity, arrest turnover, chalk-out career plan andmotivate them to take bigger challenges.
- He/She is responsible of the Key Performance Index (KPIs) of all the team members andshall ensure the fair & transparent performance appraisals.
- He/She must practice Equal opportunity regime for everyone with a set career path for all.
Education, Skills and Experience Required for the position
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology and Systems Engineering.
- Satellite operations trained Engineer.
- Strong IT skills,
- Basic VSAT installations,
- Basic IP Networks,
- Basic Systems Integration,
- Strong Customer Relations
- Proper Phone
- Email Etiquette.
- iDirect NMS knowledge ·Custom Relations.
- ICT Industry
- VSAT Systems Experience
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience in ICT industry with extensive field experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their applications including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29th May 2023.
The subject line should read Head of Sales -SME.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.